Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Mobile phone network problems.

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Mobile phone network problems.

Postby Andrew Daykin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm

back to my previous idea - the mast has been nicked for scrap ! anyone seen it recently ? :roll:

On Twitter this is typical of the feedback:

"@Vodafone UK I've done troubleshooting no avail! you guys need to sort out your networking problem, how can u go from being the best 2 worst

@VodafoneUK network please tell your headoffice to fix this on-going problem, all my vodafone user friends are complaining too

What is up with @vodafoneUK in Bath? Had no internet and not been able to send texts whilst there for 3 days"

This gets my telephone vote tonight if only it worked :)

"Any contact with a customer service department, especially @VodafoneUK, seriously makes one doubt the theory of evolution! "
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Andrew Daykin
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 am

On their forum they've got complaints from all over the country with networks being down. I don't know if this is usual for them as I'd never been on there until Friday, but Warsop isn't the only place without a signal. We still need people from Warsop to complain though.

Someone told me tonight, he'd phoned Vodafone and they'd reimbursed him this month's contract and half of next month's. I'm not on contract though, I'm PAYG and I was told they'd make a goodwill gesture if I contact them when the network's back up. Hubby got £2 credit there and then and Daniel's on contract and he's complained but I don't know how far he got with them. So they're not even consistent with their good will! :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 am

danies needs to tell them he will leave them and cancel contract. cant use that there no network though as i think its actually in contracts that they dont have to give service lol
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby loftyhermes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Seems to be working now (at least for me) I've had a good signal for most of the afternoon. Oh I went into the Vodafone shop in Mansfield this morning and asked about the lack of service and they told me that they know about it and are working hard to fix it, seems like they've had a lot of people in there about it. If that was the case maybe someone should have posted on the Voda. forum don't you think. Also I've just tried to login on the Vodafone forum and there seems to be a problem so I can't get on to post.
Me slow??? I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done.
loftyhermes
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Well, I've had something of a signal this afternoon but I've been out of Warsop. Yes indeed I can't understand why some people at Vodafone knew about the problem and others didn't. Even the network map shows the fault, but the forum still wants us to jump through hoops and go round in circles before they'll believe us. I had an e.mail from them again this morning asking for my details yet again and they must already have had them at least six times.

There is a serious problem with their internal communications and their customer service. Thankfully I've never had a problem before, so I've never had the unfortunate opportunity to put them to the test and I hope I never have to deal with them again. I think they must employ these people for the sole purpose of throwing down red herrings and putting people off, because surely nobody can really be so incompetant. If I wasn't such a determined person, I'd have given up with them on Friday and I'm sure a lot of other people do exactly that. So their decoy ploy works, if nothing else does! :roll:

For two pins I'd have changed networks, but we've already had this problem with Orange in the past and I know people who've had problems with other service providers, so I'm of the opinion that they're all the same and I'm reluctant to jump our of the frying pan into the fire!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby loftyhermes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Caz I've just looked on the faults board at Voda and it was put on at 1.25pm today. (currently half way down page 5.
Me slow??? I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done.
loftyhermes
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Crikey! So it is. Just look how many they've added today! They must be having serious problems! :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Kiaunu » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 am

For me the worst thing is the bad signal, no matter what phone or provider I use. When I'm home or in the car - I regularly have problems with the signal. I ordered an antenna from hope it will help. Does anybody has any experience with mobile boosters? I've heard they can be effective.
Kiaunu
Lite Registered User

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter