Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Learn to Walk

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Learn to Walk

Postby Westmorland » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:57 pm

I really am getting fed up of people parking on double yellow lines outside Campbells bakery and worst still outside the cash machine on High Street causing problems for passing traffic

There are 3 carparks nearby and worst still today there was free parking spaces near this cash machine

If I can park and walk at 50 years of age then people 20/ 30 years or so my junior should have no trouble doing the same

The words selfish and idle spring to mind
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Learn to Walk

Postby focus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:38 pm

as any one tride to cross sherwood street lately cas coming one way then the other . cars parked from climber street to the zebra crossing on both sides it will be easyer to cross the moterway. there is a car park on sherwood street all ways full . car parks on high street the one by the library full. the one berween burton and sherwood's and campbells dues have some spaces the parking spaces on high street full. when nisa was open there car park was all ways full . when boyes open let hope there will let the cars use there car park it will help but it's up to them. people even park there cars in the heath center car park. norty norty that is surposted to be for people seeing there doctor. waiting room empty car park all way full. what warsop need is a good size car park. but were can we put one in the town center there is no empty land unless we knock down a empty shop or two
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 am

focus wrote: what warsop need is a good size car park. but were can we put one in the town center there is no empty land unless we knock down a empty shop or two
i have read in this weeks chad . the parish council are trying to knock down the old bingo hall. to make a walk way to the new netto. i have a better idea make it a car park for the new netto. the more people who can park there cars in warsop center in a car park the more the empty shops may get filled
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:18 pm

the carpark for Netto with 72 spaces will be off Burns Lane
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Westmorland wrote:the carpark for Netto with 72 spaces will be off Burns Lane
will it be a council car park or will it belong to netto
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:50 pm

I agree people should walk more and we've always had a parking problem in Warsop but there is nowhere we can put another car park.

It still amazes me how many people pick up their kids from school in their cars instead of walking. The idea of catchment areas is that children get a school place close to their homes, so the majority live within easy walking distance from school which would surely be healthier than being stuck in a car.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:52 pm

focus wrote:
Westmorland wrote:the carpark for Netto with 72 spaces will be off Burns Lane
will it be a council car park or will it belong to netto
It would belong to Netto. So let's hope that if the plans for Netto go ahead, they don't restrict parking too much.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:39 pm

it will have 72 parking spaces off Burns Lane and these will belong to Netto
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:00 pm

My thoughts on this are, If the Uk is stupid enough to withdraw from the Eu next year, will Netto go ahead :?:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby mikeC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Why wouldn't it?
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm

of course it will as Netto are part of the Sainsburys group
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:42 am

in or out of the eu any over seas company can open any where in this country. that all so aplays to any country that not part of the eu
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 am

Ok it was just a thought :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to Warsop Chatter