Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Just Chat

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Just Chat

Postby Westmorland » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 am

Amazing what a good nights sleep can do, feeling much better today, as I don't drink, smoke, am not immoral and give a pint of blood twice a year, my immune system is able to do a major counter attack on these virus trying to take over.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Well, I do smoke, though not heavily and I enjoy the occasional glass of wine and three glasses of real ale on a Sunday night at the Plough quiz. I also give blood 4 times a year and have done for 40 years. I'm never ill, apart from the occasional migraine and I'm just getting over a mild one. I have no idea what causes them and thankfully they're few and far between and are not bad compared to how some people get them. It's just annoying when I do get one because they can be quite debilitating. :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Caz wrote:Well, I do smoke, though not heavily and I enjoy the occasional glass of wine and three glasses of real ale on a Sunday night at the Plough quiz. I also give blood 4 times a year and have done for 40 years. I'm never ill, apart from the occasional migraine and I'm just getting over a mild one. I have no idea what causes them and thankfully they're few and far between and are not bad compared to how some people get them. It's just annoying when I do get one because they can be quite debilitating. :roll:

I think giving blood helps the immune system. Some people think alcohol helps with colds etc but I don't believe that.

I have enough passing out twice a year at the Oaklands giving blood never mind four times :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm

I notice elsewhere that Adrian Hardy is concerned about the government's so-called 'bedroom tax' and it's cutting of taxes for the rich. It sets me to wonder why he hasn't mentioned the most importand item of all in the fight to right the economy? Perhaps because he is teetotal he has failed to see the signifence of the one penny reduction in the price of a pint? Does he not realize what a tremendous boost to the economy this is?
As he will be well aware, pubs have been closing down at an alarming rate during the wasteful years of Labour rule.
Take a trip around the country and you can see the devastation everywhere about you. Wonderful old inns and wayside watering holes standing idle and derelect. Visit any job centre and witness the hopeless looks upon the faces of bar staff thrown on the scrapheap as they beg for a job, any job to help them hold body and soul together.
Does he not realize that this desperate situation is now at an end. Folk are flocking back to the pubs and clubs in their thousands now that prices are down. Shutters will be torn down, bright new signs will proclaim the dawn of a new age for the drinker, the publican, the staff, the brewer and, above all, the nation.
Let us charge our glasses and drink a toast to our benefactor - The Chancellor of the Exchequer
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:56 pm

So a decrease of 1pence will mean an extra burden on the health service dealing with incidents related to over drinking, accidents and liver disease

Prescriptions have gone up by 20 pence today.......good old Osbourne, I bet you will be drinking to that Elmer
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 pm

People will never agree on the subject of taxation and government spending and everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.

Personally, if thier is no reward other than stealth tax for busting a gut to earn a good honest living then why bother? May as well just sponge like a lot of the residents of this land appear to be happy doing. With wealth comes employment and that can't be denied so to a point let the rich be rich and let those that don't have so much go out and work for it.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Tut,tut, Adrian, I said one penny not one pence, whatever that is? The first time in the history of my inebriate life a reduction in the price of my favourite tipple. I see it as a beginning, the glorious dawn of a new era in which the poor downtrodden working classes you lament about will be able to drown their sorrows in drunken debauchery. It is only to be hoped that there will be a Hogart about to record the scenes for posterity.
That one penny is like a crack in a dam that will eventually burst open to flush away all the disappointments we suffered in the New Labour Utopia we were once promised but never saw.
The real beauty of it is we will be all in it together.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 am

It has been nice to drive home from work in sunshine at last, made a refreshing change.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes indeed. The lighter evenings and sunshine are a welcome change, even though it Is still bloomin' cold!

Incidentally, the Chancellor cut 1p off the duty on beer, not 1p per pint. I think that might work out at less than 1p per pint. Regardless, it didn't encourage me to drink any more on Sunday night at the Plough. I stuck to my three halves and managed to walk home! :D
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:33 pm

It was quite nice driving back home from work in the light last night, nice not to have to de-ice the windscreen before departing for the journey eastwards
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby GinnieG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 am

Hello all friends in Warsop
It is not perhaps a discussion, but anyway...:
My e-mailsupplier have shanged their rules so I have got new personal e-mailaddresses as follows

ginnieg@LYCOS.com (checked at least every day)

se_sm5pey@hotmail.com ( checked once every week)

I have followed the weather misery in UK and hope the spring will finally really come to you all. Here in Swedeen the Spring is at least 3 weeks later than average,whatever the weather service say. Thier defenition is 7 consecutive days abow freezing point). We have, however, the first springflowers reported in southern Sweden , normally they should be in full bloom all the way up to Stockholm by now.

Best wishes too you all from your

Ginnie
GinnieG
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Wed May 15, 2013 12:41 pm

its shocking
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Mon May 20, 2013 1:46 pm

With Cameroon's Marriage Bill up for debate today why don't they go the whole hog and let us marry our pets? I have quiet a fancy for a little Yorkie that lives down our street. Is there something wrong with the way the country is going or is it just me?
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Wizard » Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 pm

ELMER FUDD wrote:With Cameroon's Marriage Bill up for debate today why don't they go the whole hog and let us marry our pets? I have quiet a fancy for a little Yorkie that lives down our street. Is there something wrong with the way the country is going or is it just me?

Think it must be you Elmer if you fancy the little Yorkie down the street! :lol:
Unless of course, she happens to be a Yorkshire Lass from Sheffield or Barnsley.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 pm

I agree with the Tory rebel MPs on this matter
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter