Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Just Chat

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Just Chat

Postby Warsop Person » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 am

Gazzer wrote:I served them the healthier option - substitute the Fries for Carrot Sticks.

I thought you were a KFC man.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Gazzer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Don't tell anybody!
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader
Support & Development Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Going to review Mansfield Operatic Societys performance of 'Me and My Gir,'l for the Chad next week

http://www.mansfieldoperaticsociety.co.uk/
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Spring has sprung again today, though I don't think we've had the last of the cold weather, but it's nice to see the sun getting higher in the sky and to feel the warmth from it. According to the meteorological seasons, 1st March is the first day of Spring, but traditionally Spring doesn't start until 21st March.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby GinnieG » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Spring in Sweden
It is much harder to defuine the arrival of the spring here as the climate is so different between south Sweden and the very North. However we do have some dates/days when we consider the arrival of the spring. In the old farmer's almanac 1 MArch was the first day of the spring. Of much later date is the sport's mark of the spring. Tomorrow, the first Sunday of March is the last Big ski-event in Sweden. Some 15 000 skiers start on their gruesome 90 kilometres of skiing. It is said to comemorate the hunt for Gustavus Wasa who was fleeing to Norway from the hunters of the reining Danish king's soldiers. Even much later in the year we have the real greeting of the spring. The last day of April. That is the Walpurgis Night. For may years this has been the celebration of the spring among university students and has as such a long line of celebrational "musts". Here in Uppsala the tradition is really done with all force. After the outside morning breakfast with a lot of destilled fluids the students try to go down the river in all kiknds of floating vehicles. Passing two waterfalls on their way. Then at 3PM (exact) The representative of the University makes a short speach about the students and the spring and propose the four-horay for the spring when all students put on heir white caps and run like hoard trrough the streets of the town. Non Stodents get home to get some food before going to any of the many bofires around the town where some very traditional songs for the day are sung and the firworks are sent up againd´st the blue skies.
I myselfe go to the row of burial mounds somewhat north of the central town. It is reaally something special to stand there with those 1000 year old mounds behind me and the huge bonfire in front of me.
I wish you all could come here at least once to follow this very special day .
Look through any search programme for either "GAMLA UPPSALA" or "OLD UPPSALA" so see some of the area
Best Spring are you all wished by
Ginnie
GinnieG
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Thank you Ginnie! That's very interesting and always a revelation to hear how other countries and communities celebrate dates through the calendar. I love fireworks so I'd certainly enjoy the last day of April! :D
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:22 am

Got loads done in the garden yesterday, what a lovely day it was. Hoping the sun comes out again today too. Not getting too excited about Spring yet though as it looks like we could be back to winter weather next weekend.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Brrrrr!!! Such a contrast from this time last week! :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mr50p » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 pm

:o :shock:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Not such a surprise though as it was forecast and I mentioned it last weekend as it was showing on the charts. But it's definitely a shock to the system! Perhaps if we get a cooler Spring this year, we might get a warmer Summer.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mr50p » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Let's hope so ;)
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 am

Happy Easter all!

Looking out of the window it looks a lovely sunny Spring day but out there it's cold and frosty and we've had a dusting of snow again. British Summer Time! Clocks forward one hour and I feel like I've lost an hour's sleep! :lol:

Don't forget to check the box to BST in your profile in the User Control Panel to make sure your forum time changes.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 pm

It may be a Spring Day but I have in my sickbed most of it being cared for by Mr Parcetomol , Mrs Vick with others

At least I have my laptop for company which mean I can keep in touch with the world from my bed

I'm getting old......and grumpy with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Andrew Daykin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:It may be a Spring Day but I have in my sickbed most of it being cared for by Mr Parcetomol , Mrs Vick with others

At least I have my laptop for company which mean I can keep in touch with the world from my bed

I'm getting old......and grumpy with it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Parcetomol is just not the right thing for a computer virus !

:twisted:
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Andrew Daykin
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:05 pm

Andrew do you still have any photos from the 2007 carnival

I did do a video of the 2005 carnival which I intended to put of DVD for the Parish Church, but as certain members of the congregation were complete b******ds to me that year I decided I would just make my own DVD for myself
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter