Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

CHERRY GROVE NEW BUNGALOWS!

Whether your looking to advertise your property, or perhaps looking for your new home. Discuss property and housing within Warsop and the surrounding area.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

CHERRY GROVE NEW BUNGALOWS!

Postby steveb » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Dear all:
not sure if you can help at all!
we are currently looking at moving, house is on the market now and need a house/bungalow with enough space to park our caravan securely and have been to the end of Cherry Grove and like the look of the two bungalows at the end of the road on the left.
However we are concerned regarding the train line! can anyone tell me how often its used is it freight only etc and 24/7 or weekdays etc appreciate any information
regards,
Steve
steveb
Lite Registered User

Re: CHERRY GROVE NEW BUNGALOWS!

Postby Caz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:17 am

It's only used to bring coal from Welbeck pit which is in its closing down stage. It's rare these days to see any trains at all along that line. I don't know if there are plans to do anything with it once the coal stops.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 am

i remember when it was on the hour every hour, could set your watch by it. now its very rare you see one.

i think a company that renovates or services engines is interested as a test track but from what i hear it would not be used often. at the moment they use a stratch of track near haworth i think
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:37 am

Although Welbeck as now closed down, coal from Daw Mill is being brought in to be washed and blended with the coal stocks left at Welbeck. There are only two or three movements a day at the moment.

The future of the Welbeck pit site is still being talked about and nothing definite as yet been decided. It depends on what is eventually decided as to what the train line will be used for. At the moment three different companies have expressed an interest in the line but i feel sure that whoever gets it, it will not have constant traffic.

There may even be the possibility of it not being used at all, but at the moment this is remote.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 am

Living very close to the line I can assure you that you become used to it anyway, we don't notice them and they certainly dont keep us awake at night.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:50 am

Network Rail have recently upgraded the track from Edwinstowe to High Marnham power station for the purpose of it being a test track so I can't see them wanting to use the section of line between Welbeck and Warsop Junction as a test track too.

There was talk about the Robin Hood line being extended from Shirebook to Tuxford now the track is maintained, previously it would have been too cosrtly for the amount of traffic it would get.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby steveb » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:59 pm

dear all many thanks for the swift responses itsmuch appreciated! now all we need ot do is get ours sold and hopefully take a look at the bungalows
many thanks for your help!
Steve
steveb
Lite Registered User

Return to Property & Housing