Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Planning to move to Church Warsop

Whether your looking to advertise your property, or perhaps looking for your new home. Discuss property and housing within Warsop and the surrounding area.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Planning to move to Church Warsop

Postby yvonnep5261 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

I and my partner are planning a move to Church Warsop - not sure why - it just 'feels' right. Would like to hear from residents of Church Warsop with either postive or negatives comments on what to expect. Thank you for any replies.
yvonnep5261
Lite Registered User

Re: Planning to move to Church Warsop

Postby mr50p » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 pm

What Church Warsop we have loads of peeps from there on here. My parents are from there and some of my relatives still live there but that aside its not to bad :wink:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mr50p » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:41 pm

O forgot welcome to the mad house
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby yvonnep5261 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:22 pm

What is it like for crime (petty or otherwise) and what's the 'hoodie' count? LOL.
yvonnep5261
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum yvonne.

I think Church Warsop has its problems just like any other village, but it's certainly not the local crime hotspot and there are some really nice people living there.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Charlotte » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:43 pm

We have very few problems with crime in the area I live in, though that is 'Old' Church Warsop. In this part there are few teenagers and young people so it's pretty quiet, though I can't really speak for the main part of Church Warsop. When I used to do a paper round there, I certainly found that many people were friendly to me, but as with anywhere you get the odd person thats rude and not very friendly. Overall, I think Warsop's a great area to live in :)
Charlotte
Lite Registered User

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/charlottelmorris

Postby mamalou » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 am

moved here about three years ago made to feel very welcome by all, as for "hoodie count" i agree their is an element here there and everywhere. :) we looked at a lot of places and you can find much worse!
mamalou
Lite Registered User

Postby yvonnep5261 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for the replies - we are looking forward to the move. Will probably find this site very useful :lol:
yvonnep5261
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Ahh Yvonne, I'm sure you'll find the natives very friendly, not many of us bite! :lol: If there's anything at all you'd like to know, just ask away and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

I love Church Warsop, but I'm biased as I was born there. It's still special to me and I would definitely buy a house there, though I only live a mile away now and I still have relatives living there. I'm sure you'll love it. The surrounding countryside is beautiful, we have woodlands that have chestnuts in season at the moment and are beautiful in May when the bluebells are out.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:04 pm

yvonnep5261 wrote:I and my partner are planning a move to Church Warsop - not sure why - it just 'feels' right. Would like to hear from residents of Church Warsop with either postive or negatives comments on what to expect. Thank you for any replies.

I'm sure you'll find Church Warsop is a great place to live.
Where are you living at the moment?
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Tokala » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi there & welcome to Warsop & the forum :)

We only moved here at the beginning of the year & love it. The people are friendly, the shops are near by & good & I don't care what anybody else says, I love the Thursday market :wink: I know it's small but when you've lived in the middle of nowhere with the nearest shop a car ride away, it's a great. Plus, if want something bigger go to Mansfield town centre, plenty of choice there :wink: So I'd recommend Warsop to anybody =D> .............................. mind you, we have Halloween, Bonfire Night & Christmas to come yet, so maybe ask me after then :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Tokala
Lite Registered User

Postby yvonnep5261 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:53 pm

We currently live in Essex within walking distance of the county town - but I hardly go there as I am not a great one for shopping! I'm sure we will find it totally different! In a good way, I hope. :wink:
yvonnep5261
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:39 pm

We're a train ride from our county town, though we have a small shopping centre in Market Warsop and a couple of market towns within a short drive if you do fancy shopping around. We're on the edge of Sherwood Forest with some nice cycle routes and have some beautiful country parks as well as our very own award winning Carrs and River Meden, plus we're less than half an hour from the Peak District. I think we have the best of all worlds here. Warsop is known as the place where people leave their doors open, we like to think this is because we're neighbourly and welcome everyone. :wink:

We have some nice community events like our famous summer carnival, three parishes walk, Warsop's got talent, Warsop Panto and Christmas Market.

When are you coming to join us?
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby m8tey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:18 am

And of course Ca, i live in Church Warsop. :lol: Welcome to the forum Yvonne, How did you find out about Church Warsop when you live in Essex?.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:15 am

I hadn't forgotten that Church Warsop has star residents M8tey! :wink:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Next