Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

What is Warsop like to live in?

Whether your looking to advertise your property, or perhaps looking for your new home. Discuss property and housing within Warsop and the surrounding area.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Postby Cat75 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:32 am

I recently moved from Middlesbrough the nice bit (yes there are nice bits)
and I love living here, everyone is friendly, and the countryside is all around you. Try and find about 80k and then you will be able to live in a really nice house on a nice st.
Cat75
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Dan :)

Have you tried looking on www.rightmove.co.uk ? That site gives you a list of all estate agents :) Just type in Warsop and the maximum amount you can spend and it will give you lists of houses within your price range :)

Good luck
Michelle :)
Michelle
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:52 pm

Michelle - No one has officially said the Vickers St area is being redeveloped, it's just rumour and speculation. I don't know where Adrian got his info from. People are expecting that estate to follow on from the demolished Royal estate as it's the oldest estate in Warsop and they'll no doubt be the next to go - eventually!.

There are no plans as yet to pull down any more houses. However, that area does come under the Meden Valley Making Places regeneration plan but that could simply mean they'll be refurbished.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:40 pm

BigDan - Have you looked at houses for sale in Warsop Vale?

That is a regeneration area where houses have been refurbished as well as the whole surrounding area of countryside, with a conservation wetland and new footpaths. The recent and current development is set to make it a sought after area, so house prices will rise there. It's also within walking distance of a train station, which makes it even more desirable.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:47 pm

Caz wrote:Michelle - No one has officially said the Vickers St area is being redeveloped, it's just rumour and speculation. I don't know where Adrian got his info from. People are expecting that estate to follow on from the demolished Royal estate as it's the oldest estate in Warsop and they'll no doubt be the next to go - eventually!.

There are no plans as yet to pull down any more houses. However, that area does come under the Meden Valley Making Places regeneration plan but that could simply mean they'll be refurbished.

Thanks Caz :)

That will put my in-laws minds at rest :)

Michelle
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:07 pm

Although there is no official notification and/or planning in for the Bainbridge Road redevelopment, Meden Valley Making Places (MVMP) have on their plans to "regenerate" 10 areas in this locality.
Several have already been started and are well on there way.

In the list of 10 places is the Bainbridge Road area ( known in their plans as "Mount Pleasant area".
This is the area MVMP will be looking at after the Royle Estate as been completed.

You can read this on their website:-
http://www.mvmp.co.uk/settlement/index. ... ment_id=73
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby BigDan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:46 pm

I spoke to a nice man at the council this morning who advised that Vickers Street has no current redevelopment plans relating to it. Don't know if that helps...

Dan
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi :)

That's great :)

Thank you for the link too :D

Michelle
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 pm

BigDan - a nice lady at the council told you that earlier! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigDan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:03 pm

Well it was a nice man, but hey I take your point Caz.

Anyway I have had a good look and done a bit of research. Taken all opinions on board, and partly listened to my gut instinct. Warsop seems lovely, and I am feeling brave today :-)

As an alternative take on the regeneration thing, there is already new build houses nearby, and the council / powers that be want to try and improve the area (lets see how they do that). Worst case they buy my house off me (I have looked into the details of that) and best case the area improves and I make loads of money :lol:

Anyways for better or worse, I have made an offer and hopefully I will be coming to play with you guys soon. Lets just hope I have done the right thing.

Thanks for all your help and advice guys It has given me plenty to think on so I really appreciate it.

Dan
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:03 pm

BigDan, when I said a nice lady from the council already told you, I meant me! :lol:

Well, you've looked at all options and there is a strong possibility that the area will improve with the refurbs! Hope you made them a low offer to start with! Good luck!

Don't leave us now you've joined us, living in Warsop isn't a pre-requisite of being a forum member. We welcome people from anywhere and everywhere - we're not fussy! :lol:

Keep us posted about developments on your house move!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigDan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:12 pm

Will do, after all I would like to get know people where I am going to live. thanks again for all your help guys, in truth the friendly responses I have recieved from this site have helped me make up my mind

Dan
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby La Fiama » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:34 pm

Dan there is a house going on Longden Terrace on the same estate as Vickers Street , £69950 its being sold by Whitegates
La Fiama

Postby m8tey » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Caz wrote:BigDan, when I said a nice lady from the council already told you, I meant me! :lol:

!

See Caz that would have fooled everybody on the forum. :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:

By the way Dan welcome to warsop. :lol:
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:34 pm

:lol: :lol:

Yes, of course it would I should have realised! They don't all know I work for the council. :rofl:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Property & Housing