Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

What is Warsop like to live in?

Whether your looking to advertise your property, or perhaps looking for your new home. Discuss property and housing within Warsop and the surrounding area.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

What is Warsop like to live in?

Postby BigDan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:21 pm

Hopefully this is in the right place...

I am very seriously looking at buying a house in Warsop, and was looking for an honest view about the area from those that would know.

Please help me make up my mind :lol:
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby La Fiama » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:39 pm

It depends what sort of house you want and also what you want from Warsop?

Do you live in the area or are you moving from afar?
La Fiama

Postby BigDan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 pm

I am moving from Sutton, and am looking at a house in, er should I mention street names here?

Dan
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby La Fiama » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:46 pm

Okay so you are moving to a better area.

Yes you can name streets
La Fiama

Postby BigDan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:47 pm

ok, whats the opinion of Vickers Street? I appreciate your opinions and help here by the way...
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:56 pm

Well my grandparents lived in Vickers Street all of their lives and my mum grew up there. When I was growing up and visited them on Vickers Street it was always ok.

Honestly though the street has gone 'down' in my opinion.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby m8tey » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:02 am

You have picked on one of the worst streets there Dan.
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigDan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:09 am

fair enough, its as much a budget thing as anything else, but how bad is it?
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby La Fiama » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:16 am

There are other areas of Warsop that may suit you, what sort of budget are you looking at
La Fiama

Postby BigDan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:18 am

not much really, about 65k which means I am looking at rough areas whatever :-(

But hey thats life, and hopefully I can upgrade in a few years. I noticed there was a lot of new housing close by, is that likely to have an effect on the area?
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Postby La Fiama » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:35 am

There are some three bedroomed houses for sale in Meden Vale, which is another part of the Warsop Parish around 70k to 80k and also in Church Warsop

Wait until the Chad comes out on Wednesday and you may see something in there around Warsop.

Vickers Street may be up for re development in a few years and coudl even be pulled down, so be careful
La Fiama

Postby Caz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:24 am

We've recently had an estate of terraced houses demollished because it became an undesirable area, mainly due to private landlord ownership and drug problems etc. Some of those rehoused have been moved to the area that you're looking to buy in. There are some really nice families there but it's a bit of a mixed bag so before you buy check out your immediate potential neighbours and check whether they're owner occupiers or private renters. If they're private rents, tenants can change quite often and property's tend to fall into disrepair.

It was mentioned that there may be further redevelopment in that area as well and although it's only rumour, they are older houses so it's a possibility and may have a bearing on the saleability of the houses.

There are some really nice places in Warsop with houses that are not that much more expensive. You said your budget dictates, but I'd go a bit higher and tighten my belt for a couple of years if it meant getting something much better and something that will increase in value. You also say it's only for a few years, but then it'll cost you to move again with legal fees, decorating etc, so spend that bit more now and get a better deal.

Sorry, I may be being a snob here. As I said, check out your neighbours, or park your car up there for a couple of hours and see for yourself. It may be that if all the houses are owner occupied it could become a sought after area. I'm not being fair on the nice families living up there either. They deserve nice neighbours.

As it is there's probably the odd part-time soft drug dealer, I doubt it's the hardest stuff. No murderers or muggings. It's not a big area so if you can live with that, then it'll be OK as you're not that far from nicer areas.

Warsop is a great place to live but then I'm biased as I'm born and bred and love the place. Good luck!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:19 am

If we having people moving in from sutton do we still have that screening program for disease or did we abolish that. you would also need to apply for a visa, caz would assist in that as she issies them
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:18 am

Adrian wrote:
Vickers Street may be up for re development in a few years and coudl even be pulled down, so be careful

Hi :)

I haven't heard this about Vickers Street possibly being up for re-development? is it just this street or all the houses in this area?

The reason I ask is because my in-laws live around here :(

Hope someone can help

Michelle :)
Michelle
Lite Registered User

Postby BigDan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:26 am

Thanks for all your honest opinions, it has been useful. Just t clarify a point, Although I live in sutton, I am NOT a Suttonite :-) I only moved there as I needed somewhere quick for a job when I moved up from Hampshire and am looking to escape to somewhere better.

Thanks guys

Dan
BigDan
Lite Registered User

Next

Return to Property & Housing