Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Strangers on school ground

Whether you looking for employment in the area or maybe looking to employ somebody. Discuss local employment opportunities and education within the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Postby Sallyann » Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Is there not an exception if you are going home for your lunch? I would have a word with the head if your daughter is having her lunch in the toilets.That is not good at all. I would have thought that if you picked her up from school at lunchtime so that they knew she was going home,then that would be ok.
Failing this,they really should get their finger out and provide adequate facilities at lunch.I would contact ofsted if you get no joy from speaking to the head.
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Mustaine » Thu May 03, 2007 2:08 pm

Unfortunately there are no exceptions - even if they are going to their homes at lunch time.

They had an OFSTED visit a while back - and on that day the kids should have been sitting in the school hall for dinner (wherever they could get) but were told to go elsewhere in case the inspectors came in!!
Mustaine
Lite Registered User

Postby Sallyann » Thu May 03, 2007 2:54 pm

That's awful! Talk about cover-up! I'm sure they'd be very interested in the fact that some kids are having to have their lunch in the toilets! I don't know if it's changed much when i was there but kids that were having packed lunch ate with the kids that were having school dinners.Obviously this would'nt work now because of the increase in numbers.Perhaps they could phase it so that they eat at different times.I know when i was at primary school they had first and second sitting for lunches or possibly split the ones having packed lunch and let them eat in the hall or a large classroom so that the "cooked food" areas don't get packed.I don't really know the true answer but someone at meden should be coming up with ideas to combat this problem.
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu May 03, 2007 4:56 pm

Mrs H - Have you taken this up with school? I'd be down to see the Head for an explanation if I were you.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Mustaine » Thu May 03, 2007 6:53 pm

I was hoping the new Head may change things but this has not been so. I have written my concerns on all the questionnaires which I have had so far. If things haven't changed by the end of term in July, then I will make an appointment. It is not so bad in the summer if the kids can eat on the field - but winter was terrible. The teacher who brought in the system retired recently so I can't complain to him.
Mustaine
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu May 03, 2007 8:40 pm

The only thing to do it go straight to the head! Make an appointment and speak directly to her.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby legz » Fri May 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Not going to comment on the actual incidents, they sound like things certainly dont add up, but that may be as we dont have all the necessary info, and there may be that little bit of info we dont have that ties all the little loose ends up here.

Anyway, what I was going to suggest that you try doing things in this order:

1) Go into school reception and ask to see schools policy on child protection or health (you've two issues on here so depends wich one concerns you). Every school has a member of staff responsible for every policy they have, (even the policy on policies), who areaccounatble to you, and as a parent you are entitled to access to these whenever you wish.

2) When seeing the policy, you should also be seeing the erson responsible for ensuring it gets adhered to. They have a specific mandate to ensure your concerns are appropriately addressed.

3) If they dont do this, go up the chain of command, first in writing, then by appointment. Go in this order - i)head, ii) chair of governors, iii) director of education at county council head office, iv) secretary of state at DFES, v) head of ofsted.

In reaality, the last 3 names here dont get consulted. I go into 3 secondary schools with my job, and usually any concerns get dealt with at governor stage at the latest

hope this helps
legz
Super Registered User

Previous

Return to Employment & Education