Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Warsop Christmas Market 2012

Participate in discussions of local events that may be taking place soon or other leisure activities that are local within the Warsop community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations .

Re: Warsop Christmas Market 2012

Postby Caz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:02 am

Tonight's the night! Roads closed from midday till 9pm!

We start at 4pm with Santa arriving on Thomas the Tank Engine and his grotto on High Street will be open for visitors.
Shops open late and lots of stalls selling festive goodies.
Ice skating on Sherwood Street - under 5's from 4 -4.30pm, then family skating till 8pm.
Fireworks at 6.30pm - best viewed from High Street.
Singalong carol singing, Christmas disco and performances at the stage on Spencer's corner.
Kiddie rides, Stilt walkers and jugglers all evening from 4pm till 8-pm

Disabled badge holder parking in the Talbot/Coop car park, entrance on Clumber Street which is one-way only, accessed from the top.

Bus stops in the event area will not operate between midday till 9pm.

See you all there! ;)
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 am

I'm cold, I'm soaked and I'm happy! It was cold, it was wet and it was nice to see so many of you braving the weather to come and enjoy the Christmas Market! I think everyone enjoyed it and it seems Thomas the Tank Engine was a great success.

Thanks to all the helpers, all unpaid volunteers! Without you all, it wouldn't be possible to put on these community events and thanks to all of you who came, and braved the weather. It makes it worthwhile seeing so many people smiling! It can snow now!! And it probably will! :D
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

It certainly wasn't as crowded as last year, but then we had good weather and people stayed for most of the evening. This year, we had a lot of people visiting, but they only stayed for a short while due to the rain, so some were leaving as others were arriving which meant it wasn't as crowded.

I haven't had any complaints at all, though there's always the odd one. If anyone does have any complaints, had any problems during the night, or has any suggestions for improving it next year, please contact me.

It would also be nice to hear what people thought was good about the event and what worked best. ;)
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Local Events & Leisure