Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Bank Holiday Weekend

Participate in discussions of local events that may be taking place soon or other leisure activities that are local within the Warsop community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations .

Bank Holiday Weekend

Postby Tomas Drouty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Advance notice, The Talbot Car Park will be closed on the Sunday 26th before Bank Holiday Monday.

There will be bouncy castles and 1 burger van as there was on 11th August.

The management would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but will try to keep this to a minimum.

Please note that the car park is predominantly owned by Enterprise Inns and The Coop.

MDC although not owning any part of the land do have a maintenance agreement with the owners in return for allowing the car parks to be used by members of the public.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Re: Bank Holiday Weekend

Postby Westmorland » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Will you be wearing your Guantanamo Bay Orange T shirt again :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for the advanced notice TD. I'm sure a Sunday event will cause far less disruption.

As for the ownership of the car park, that leaves me wondering if MDC can lawfully impose trading licences for any events at all. :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Caz wrote:Thanks for the advanced notice TD. I'm sure a Sunday event will cause far less disruption.

As for the ownership of the car park, that leaves me wondering if MDC can lawfully impose trading licences for any events at all. :roll:

Of course they can, it's Warsop isn't it !! ;) ;)

As the Parish Council now owns the High Street car park, will it be available for hire for similar events, such as bouncy castles, kids roundabout, burger van etc??
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Wizard wrote:
As the Parish Council now owns the High Street car park, will it be available for hire for similar events, such as bouncy castles, kids roundabout, burger van etc??

The Talbot car park is not a public car park, it has been made available for public use. The High Street car park is a public car park. On this basis it will not be made available for burger vans, bouncy castle etc. However, it may provide us with an option for the Christmas Community Event.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Caz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Tomas Drouty wrote:
Wizard wrote:

The Talbot car park is not a public car park, it has been made available for public use. The High Street car park is a public car park. On this basis it will not be made available for burger vans, bouncy castle etc. However, it may provide us with an option for the Christmas Community Event.

Did that burger van that stood at the Talbot last weekend have to pay a one day licence to MDC for trading there? Because if it's not a public car park I don't see why they should have to and neither should the one we wanted for last year's Christmas Market.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tomas Drouty » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:25 pm

They have the annual license.

Unfortunately, the license law still applies because although it's not technically public land - its still accessible by the public without requiring land owner's permission.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Looks like Big Brother from MDC has joined the Forum, lets hope they are thick skinned
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:49 am

Adrian, we already have MDC officers signed up on here from various departments and they've always been very helpful when they post.

It's worth remembering that it's the job of officers to enforce the policies, they're not the ones who set them. The elected members are the policy makers.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:22 am

Tomas Drouty wrote:They have the annual license.

Unfortunately, the license law still applies because although it's not technically public land - its still accessible by the public without requiring land owner's permission.

At last year's Christmas Market, we had a trader selling flashing lights, hats and gloves. He'd been at the Mansfield Christmas event the previous week and hadn't needed the one day trading licence as he was a regular trader at Mansfield market. Yet he did need a one day licence for the Warsop event! Why???

Sue, the burger van lady, traded regularly at the Warsop Thursday market, yet she needed a one day licence for the Warsop Christmas Market. Why???

Maybe our new member can explain! ;)
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:33 pm

looks like no-one knows with nearly 24hours without a response lol
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User