Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Becoming a Catholic

Participate in discussions of local events that may be taking place soon or other leisure activities that are local within the Warsop community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations .

Becoming a Catholic

Postby Westmorland » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm

If anyone else would like to join me who has become fed up with the Anglican Church and wishes to become a catholic then please come along to one of these sessions

St Josephs Church Shirebrook which St Tresas Church Warsop comes under as well as St Bernadettes in Bolsover are are collecting names for a new series of monthly sessions for adults who either want to become a Catholic or Catholics who would like to deepen their faith. These will be on Saturdays in St. Joseph’s Parish Room, starting after the 10am Mass and finishing by 4pm, with a shared table lunch. Interested? See Fr. Jonathan and/or sign the List at the back of the three Churches. First Session: 8th September. Then: 6th October, 3rd November, 8th December, 12th January 2013.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Becoming a Catholic

Postby m8tey » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 pm

That's like being in the labour party, not getting your own way, throwing a strop and becoming a tory. Surely you either believe in one faith or the other. There are plenty of Mosques around when you get fed up of Catholosism.........
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 pm

I left the Church of England because there was a huge bundle of straw. The ordination of women Bishops was the last straw, but it was only one of many. For years I had been disillusioned by the Church of England's compromising on everything. The Catholic Church doesn't care if something is unpopular
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby jilli » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Matey..... you say it like it is :) :lol:
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Heidi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:I left the Church of England because there was a huge bundle of straw. The ordination of women Bishops was the last straw, but it was only one of many. For years I had been disillusioned by the Church of England's compromising on everything. The Catholic Church doesn't care if something is unpopular

so women have there place at the stove then __?__
many know my smile, but dont know what I feel...........
many hear what I say, but dont know what I think.....
many see what I write, but dont know the meaning behind it..
many say they know me, but only know what I look like....
Heidi
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 pm

I don't think there is anything in it Heidi.

Adrian Hardy wrote:If anyone else would like to join me who has become fed up with the Anglican Church and wishes to become a catholic then please come along to one of these sessions

St Josephs Church Shirebrook which St Tresas Church Warsop comes under as well as St Bernadettes in Bolsover are are collecting names for a new series of monthly sessions for adults who either want to become a Catholic or Catholics who would like to deepen their faith. These will be on Saturdays in St. Joseph’s Parish Room, starting after the 10am Mass and finishing by 4pm, with a shared table lunch. Interested? See Fr. Jonathan and/or sign the List at the back of the three Churches. First Session: 8th September. Then: 6th October, 3rd November, 8th December, 12th January 2013.

Then from "Didn't the Bells sound lovely"

Adrian Hardy wrote:The Church bells sounded quite nice today. Its amazing when you think that we have one ringer who is 92 and still climbs the 50 narrow winding steps to the ringing chamber and then rings non stop for nearly 30 minutes, another ringer is 82.

I myself was ringing this morning and won't be ringing for next Saturdays wedding either, but will hopefully be back in about 2 weeks time

When the whole purpose of church bells is to announce a service at the church and bring people together to practice and share the faith of that church.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Local Events & Leisure