Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

RESIDTENTIAL MEETING -- MEDEN VALE

Participate in discussions of local events that may be taking place soon or other leisure activities that are local within the Warsop community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations .

RESIDTENTIAL MEETING -- MEDEN VALE

Postby Jake » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Last edited by Jake on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake
Super Registered User

Postby Jake » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:52 am

Last edited by Jake on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake
Super Registered User

Re: RESIDTENTIAL MEETING -- MEDEN VALE

Postby Tania » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:14 pm

A public meeting has been arranged by Inspector Sam Wilson for
Saturday 13th December at 1pm at the new village hall.
Items on the agenda will be:
youth anti-social behaviour;
police/warden staffing;
motorcycles;
John Mann MP will be present.
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Heidi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:21 am

dont forget today
many know my smile, but dont know what I feel...........
many hear what I say, but dont know what I think.....
many see what I write, but dont know the meaning behind it..
many say they know me, but only know what I look like....
Heidi
Lifetime Registered User

Postby jilli » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:24 pm

Why have you edited your posts on Dec 1 Jake?
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:48 am

Well that was a total waste of time and money.

Whats next ?
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 pm

BigAl wrote:Well that was a total waste of time and money.

Whats next ?

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the meeting yesterday.
What happened Al, why was it a waste of time and money?
I was hoping someone would post a report on the meeting on here.
Didn't many people turn up for the meeting?
Thanks for attending it anyway!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby chicdenise » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi,

Yes i went to the meeting , and there were quite a few people there, infact the room was quite full and many points where raised, mainly bad reports. but alas nothing will get done because of red tape.

There was talk of ASBO's and A,B,C's, and people being given the chance to go and give themselves up voluntary to go onto A,B,C. I understand the police have to follow procedure, and while they follow procedure more damage is being done.

Yes i am one of the many people that live in the village and shut my curtains and lock my doors as soon as my kids get in from school.
So last night about 5.30 a group of them decided to wreck my front fence and roll on my garden. I didn’t see or hear anything as we sit in the back room, a neighbour from across the road has just been over and told me what they were doing.

I understand that a lot of the trouble is being done because they are board, and have got nothing to do, because there is nothing for them to do in the village, all the skate parks, bmx trax, gyms are in Warsop.

Someone from a youth group or something, i am sorry i can not remember their correct name, was invited to the meeting and didn’t turn up. which was a shame really because i would have liked to hear what they would have to say.

Mr Mann hit it on the nose when he stood up and said that Meden Vale was the worst village in his constituency and something should be done. And I have to agree with him. I have lived here all my life and it has never been as bad as this.
When i start to sing, my hubby makes me go into the garden, so the neighbours dont think he is attacking me!!
chicdenise
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:41 pm

The police went to the meeting with their agenda and they stuck to it. Even when people stood up and told them the truth they continued with their agenda.
As Denise has said, John Mann gave them the whole truth and told them that the strategy they are using has proved not to work, when asked why they were still continuing with the way they were doing things it was said that its the policy and thats the way it has to be done.
When i stood up and stated that their methods were not working the answer i got was that it was, so i asked if they were so sure it was working why were we all there.
When it came up about the fact that we were all paying a lot of money on the council tax and we were not getting the service that was required , they then tried to pass the buck and blame other agencies ie, youth workers and the council.
There were a lot of unhappy people who, along with myself, agreed that it was a waste of time and that nothing will be done to improve the situation.
We all know that these meetings have to take place as it makes the force look good and makes it look as though they are really trying to do something, maybe they would be better off binning these useles meeting and spending the money they save on more coppers on the beat.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Heidi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:12 pm

may I add that we have never seen so many uniform walking in Mv for a very long time
shame there where only here because of that meeting
Heidi
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks,Chicdenise,Big Al and Heidi for the report of the meeting.
From what you have said, it appears that the police are not listening to the local people regarding the problems within Meden Vale. Obviously they know best. :roll:
What a total waste of time, calling a meeting and then not taking any notice of the public!
It seems a case of, this is what we are doing,if you don't like it, tough luck.
The police need to remember they are there to protect people and property at all times.What do they want us to do, become a gang of vigilanties??
The reason their strategy appears to be working is because less people are reporting the incidents because nothing is being done about it when they do!
What became of the 4 people who were arrested in the village a few weeks back, did they get charged with any offence, or were they released without charge to save the paperwork?
I have not read anything in the Chad about anyone going to court over it.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby focus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 pm

i agree with chicdenise the main problue at meden vale is the lack of something to do for young people in that area. at the last mansfield focus group meeting we dicussed the problums at meden vale it was agreed the problum was that 90% of things for young people to do is in warsop there was very little in meden vale. it was surgested that there should be a community night soumetime in february was surgested maybe something on valentine's day would be apropeate. this may help to bring back the community sprit in the meden vale area.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 pm

The yobs don't want anything to do.
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:24 am

is there anyway the local schools can help? one thing i do know you can not make teenagers do something if there do not won't too. :( if the local youth clubs add an open evering where you can see what they have to offer would any one come along. if they did you can bet these yobs would not be there. :cry:
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Heidi » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:15 am

focus wrote:i agree with chicdenise the main problue at meden vale is the lack of something to do for young people in that area. at the last mansfield focus group meeting we dicussed the problums at meden vale it was agreed the problum was that 90% of things for young people to do is in warsop there was very little in meden vale. it was surgested that there should be a community night soumetime in february was surgested maybe something on valentine's day would be apropeate. this may help to bring back the community sprit in the meden vale area.

they to get a whole day in feb ??
I dont think that will help, maybe the parents should ask themselfs what are my kids up to while out
thank god neither of ours like to roam once it was dark
Heidi
Lifetime Registered User

Next

Return to Local Events & Leisure