Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

RESIDTENTIAL MEETING -- MEDEN VALE

Participate in discussions of local events that may be taking place soon or other leisure activities that are local within the Warsop community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations .

Re: RESIDTENTIAL MEETING -- MEDEN VALE

Postby chicdenise » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 am

What i cant understand is why when they go out they have to cause trouble.

When i was a kid, we never had computers/laptops, game systems ect. and when we played out in groups of 10/12 we never went around causeing trouble, we played hide & seek, kick the can, hopscotch anything that was fun.
So why do they have to now, when they have so many good things. They could be at home nice and warm doing there own thing instead of ruining peoples property. We was lucky to have one telly in the whole house, i bet if you ask any of the kids if they have there own telly, hifi, games systems, laptops, 90% will have them.

God i sound like my mum lol.

My kid hate it that i wont let them out when it gets dark, but as i said to them i would rather have you and a mate in the house on your games then roaming the streets when its dark. That way i know where they are and what they are doing.
When i start to sing, my hubby makes me go into the garden, so the neighbours dont think he is attacking me!!
chicdenise
Lite Registered User

Postby Jake » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:27 pm

jilli wrote:Why have you edited your posts on Dec 1 Jake?

Because I wanted too.
Jake
Super Registered User

Postby m8tey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm

The trouble is Heidi, the parents of these yobs were probably yobs themselves and they've grown up and bred with each other and when this lot breed it will just get worse......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby jilli » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Right Jake, nice polite reply there.
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Jake » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:09 am

Well you did ask why jilli, and being a non complicated person I just said why in a simple way. And btw people I do my job and I'm always out and about when I'm on duty because basically that's my job so I'm not arguing but stating a fact. Warsop is a sore subject for me at the mo so that is all I'm saying on this topic and don't want ought else to do with it. ta : )
Jake
Super Registered User

Postby m8tey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:07 am

Jake, Jilli asked a civil question, and you were ignorant with your reply. you'r right it is you'r job and a job that you'r well paid to do, it seems that every time someone asks you anything all you can say is how much you do for this community. You and your cronies should be doing a hell of a lot more than you are doing, because God knows we are paying through the nose for a service thats really not up to much, so get off your high horse and get something done, but if you can't do it, theres always that sergeants job you applied for.........
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 am

m8tey wrote:Jake, Jilli asked a civil question, and you were ignorant with your reply. you'r right it is you'r job and a job that you'r well paid to do, it seems that every time someone asks you anything all you can say is how much you do for this community. You and your cronies should be doing a hell of a lot more than you are doing, because God knows we are paying through the nose for a service thats really not up to much, so get off your high horse and get something done, but if you can't do it, theres always that sergeants job you applied for.........

I agree with you m8tey. I also thought the reply was arrogant.
Jake, you have a lot to learn when it comes to talking to the public.
You and you're colleagues are not sorting the problems in Meden Vale, and I'm not surprised, if you talk to the youths in your arrogant manner. Show respect and you will gain respect.
When the meeting was held in Meden Vale regarding the problems, questions were asked but the answers given by the police were in a flippant," we are doing our job our way and so what" attitude.
The police way is failing, but they would not listen to the public.
Remember that the Council Tax payers pay your wages, and will continue to pay your pension too. All they ask is that you do the job you are paid to do, and try being more approachable and less arrogant.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:46 pm

I would just like to explain something here to put the record straight and hopefully to help you all understand Jakes actions/responses, which are sometimes a bit puzzling to those who don't understand his situation!!!!

Jake doesn't get paid for his beat job, he's a 'Special', so it's voluntary and doesn't cost us in taxes. I take my hat off to people who do voluntary jobs like this, especially when they're so young and he does still have a lot to learn and will make mistakes. He would like to make a real differnce to the streets of Warsop and like all volunteers who come into something new, he's getting frustrated and feels he's banging his head against a brick wall becasue he can't do it single handedly overnight. It would be terrible if we lost someone who is keen and willing especially as he is obviously passionate about it and at a time when we're complaining about young yobs, it's particularly nice to see a young person putting his spare time to good use instead of hanging around street corners. Anyway, I think you all deserved to understand his postition and you may see him in a different light.

However, this is no excuse for arrogance and I do agree with some of your other points. His reply did come over as flippant and as someone has already pointed out, working in this kind of job means having to communicate effectively and he does have a lot to learn about giving respect in order to gain it, but he's young and I'm sure he'll pick that up quickly and with experience. We should all try to be civil to each other then we'd get a lot further and get a lot more support.

I'd just like to give him some encouragement and hope he listens to, and acts on, what people are saying on here because these are the things I've already said to him.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Caz wrote:I would just like to explain something here to put the record straight and hopefully to help you all understand Jakes actions/responses, which are sometimes a bit puzzling to those who don't understand his situation!!!!

Jake doesn't get paid for his beat job, he's a 'Special', so it's voluntary and doesn't cost us in taxes. I take my hat off to people who do voluntary jobs like this, especially when they're so young and he does still have a lot to learn and will make mistakes. He would like to make a real differnce to the streets of Warsop and like all volunteers who come into something new, he's getting frustrated and feels he's banging his head against a brick wall becasue he can't do it single handedly overnight. It would be terrible if we lost someone who is keen and willing especially as he is obviously passionate about it and at a time when we're complaining about young yobs, it's particularly nice to see a young person putting his spare time to good use instead of hanging around street corners. Anyway, I think you all deserved to understand his postition and you may see him in a different light.

However, this is no excuse for arrogance and I do agree with some of your other points. His reply did come over as flippant and as someone has already pointed out, working in this kind of job means having to communicate effectively and he does have a lot to learn about giving respect in order to gain it, but he's young and I'm sure he'll pick that up quickly and with experience. We should all try to be civil to each other then we'd get a lot further and get a lot more support.

I'd just like to give him some encouragement and hope he listens to, and acts on, what people are saying on here because these are the things I've already said to him.

Thanks for clearing that up Caz.
I applaud Jake for doing the Specials job. I know it can be a thankless task for little, or no, financial reward.
I still maintain that the police need to lighten up, and speak to the youths of today at "street level" and
not come over with the Big Bully attitude.
Once again I would like to thank Jake for giving up his spare time to work as a special. Well done!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby jilli » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:44 pm

I asked why you edited your posts Jake (leaving them blank) purely because it is impossible to follow the thread when posts are 'deleted'.

Anyway the posts that followed were interesting reading...... so....... back to topic........
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Caz wrote:I would just like to explain something here to put the record straight and hopefully to help you all understand Jakes actions/responses, which are sometimes a bit puzzling to those who don't understand his situation!!!!

Jake doesn't get paid for his beat job, he's a 'Special', so it's voluntary and doesn't cost us in taxes. I take my hat off to people who do voluntary jobs like this, especially when they're so young and he does still have a lot to learn and will make mistakes. .

I knew the situation Caz i just don't like ignorance, it doesn't cost a lot to be civil. It even goes a long way to gaining respect........
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Yes M8tey, you're right and I think you'll find I agreed with you about attitude. I know Jake's a bit miffed with the whole situation at the moment but I hope he gets sorted out very soon because I don't like to see unhappy people. Unfortunately, once again, I find I'm stuck in the middle of this, because I know there's more to it but I'm trying to be diplomatic. I sympathise all round. I'd like to see Jake posting on here as a civilian talking to friends, not as a cop. I think he'd get more out of it.

So, as jilli say's let's get back to topic.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby chicdenise » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:24 am

It looks like they have struck again. We pulled mine and our neighbours green bins onto our front garden last night when my hubby went out and this morning our bin is on its side and my neighbours bin is missing. What they will want to do with a green bin is anyones guess.
When i start to sing, my hubby makes me go into the garden, so the neighbours dont think he is attacking me!!
chicdenise
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:56 am

I drove to Asda on Tuesday night and there were bins on their side all along the Mansfield road right up to Spion Kop!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Local Events & Leisure