Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Warsop Fire Station Open Day.

Participate in discussions of local events that may be taking place soon or other leisure activities that are local within the Warsop community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations .

Warsop Fire Station Open Day.

Postby Gazzer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue.
Warsop Station Open Day.
Sunday 2nd November 2008.
11.00am - 15.00pm

Work to improve facilities at Warsop Fire Station is now complete after a major programme to upgrade and refurbish fire stations across the county.
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service as invested £250,000 in the project, which has modernised the station and improved facilities for firefighters and local community groups.
It has also made it more suited to the needs of disabled people.
The project has seen a range of improvements to the Church Street station, including:
- A new community/training room fitted with audio-visual equipment and audio loop for people with a hearing impairment.
-Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance.
-Creation of a dedicated fitness room.
-Improved facilities for storage and maintenance of breathing apparatus.
-Upgraded locker and kit areas, as well as personnel protective clothing washing and drying facilities.
-New shower and changing facilities to meet current equalities legislation.
-Upgrading of the vehicle appliance bay to provide fume extraction equipment, charging facilities and new doors.
-Complete external and internal decoration.
-Security gates and fences, which have already been installed.

What's Happening On The Day?

The fire station will open its doors on Sunday 2nd November 2008 between 11am - 3pm, this will allow the public to see the new modernised station.

On the day, firefighters will complete a casualty extrication, showing the skills of firefighters and the process of extricating a trapped casualty from their vehicle at a road traffic collision.

The new state of the art Scania Fire Appliance from Mansfield will also be on show for the public to see, the Fire Emergency Support Service will also be there on the day that offers the victims of house fires and other domestic accidents across the county support and assistance in their time of need. The Fire & Rescue Service Musuem will be attending with two old operational fire appliances on the day.
East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) and Nottinghamshire Police will also be here with their advice and their emergency vehicles.

Your chance to register for a Free Fire Home Safety Check will be available, and a raffle will be available to take part in where all proceeds will be donated to the Fire Service Charity (previously known as the Fire Service Benevolent Fund).

Firefighters will also be on hand offering you advice on all fire safety aspects, and offering advice to anyone interested in joining the Fire & Rescue Service in their latest Recruitment campaign.

Refreshments will also be available on the day to the public.
Parking is available for visitors at the Warsop Primary Care Trust Health Centre rear car park.

The above programme maybe subject to change.
Last edited by Gazzer on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader

Postby whitevanman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:54 pm

They've definitely made a good job of updating the station, they was some interesting exhibits as well.
Pity about the weather.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Caz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:43 pm

:cry: Yes, I think the weather has kept a lot of people indoors today, including me. I've not even ventured past the door today, but feeling ropey anyway. :roll: That's another event I've missed this weekend, though I could hear the sirens from home and it sounded very interesting!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tania » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm

We not moved at all today then I remember we could have gone to the fire station! :roll:
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Jake » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:04 pm

Did Karen bring the police nee-naa car?
Jake
Super Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:08 pm

She did, the noisy b**g*r :lol:
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Gazzer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Jake wrote:Did Karen bring the police nee-naa car?

Oh Yes she did :wink:
Gazzer

Postby Jake » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:27 pm

lol, she's brill Karen. She looks after me.lol
Jake
Super Registered User

Return to Local Events & Leisure