Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Hills & Holes

Do you remember....? Join in discussions of Warsop and its local history, and share your memories of the good times from the past with other locals.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re:

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Caz wrote:I seem to remember the name Kimbo! Can't remember anything other than that but if he used to go to the Hare early 70's when the bike club gathered, was it a Tuesday night, then I must know him. I used to ride on the back of a 650 Truimph Bonneville - boy was that a bike with a growl! :lol:

Kimbo is a cousin of mine by marriage, Malc Kimberly and also Dave Kimberly, i remember Malc shoe horning that Imp engine into his BSA A10 frame and we fell apart laughing watching him kick start it lol.
The snapped in half telegraph pole incident was on his Bonniville he brought brand new, and if my memory is correct he paid for it with the maternity alowance from their twins, dont think Elaine was well pleased :D
If you cant be good, at least be funny :)
Bob
Lite Registered User

Facebook: Search for me using rgc117@aol.com

Re: Hills & Holes

Postby dalenorris » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 am

Top riders of the day included Jeff Smith, the Rickman brothers, Arthur Lampkin, Sharp brothers, John Giles, Ken Heanes and many others were well known and would draw the crowds. I can well remember Arthur Lampkin, as he seemed to have a star like quality, at that time. He lived to a grand old age of 91, after all those bumps and bruises.
dalenorris
Lite Registered User

Facebook: dalenorris@telkomsa.net

Previous

Return to Local History & Memories