Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Cheap Time Machine

Do you remember....? Join in discussions of Warsop and its local history, and share your memories of the good times from the past with other locals.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Cheap Time Machine

Postby Berts » Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm

I had some time to kill in Warsop last Saturday morning so whilst I was happily wandering around memory lane and comparing my failing memory with reality I spotted the butchers on Sherwood St.

Now its probably more than 35 years since I last had one of their "Wettons" meat pies so when I saw them in the window there was no option but to buy some.

Needless to say I couldn't wait

You know what!... they were just as delicious as my memory suggested and I was instantly transported back to to nights outside Workers? chip shop after a night of fun at the Empress ( and occasionally the back room of Plough if truth be known ;) )

Best 60's flashback ever! :D

I spent a fair amount of time checking faces to see if I recognised anyone and at one point realised I was looking through 60/70's eyes... Hmm might need to rethink this next time.
Oh and I was pleasantly surprised at how much better Warsop in particular the High St was looking than just a few years ago. Congratulations to everyone concerned.
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. Groucho Marx
Berts
Lite Registered User

Return to Local History & Memories