Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Concrete Canyon

Do you remember....? Join in discussions of Warsop and its local history, and share your memories of the good times from the past with other locals.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Concrete Canyon

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I was reading a post earlier about the old shed/shop at Warsop wndmill and Clements sweet shop opposite Sherwood Street school and someone mentioned walking down from Concrete Canyon and it instantly took me back to my childhood as i came from up concrete canyon and i think everyone in here recognises Mount Crescent from its nickname lol. Blimey those houses were damn cold in winter with more gaps in the concrete overlapping slabs and i recall scraping ice off the inside of my bedroom windows as a kid and hating getting up in the night in winter for a pee because it was sooooo cold yet it was bliss in the summer to run up the lane to the railway line to play in the fields and take short cuts to Blakely woods or play on the cross lanes, ah happy days in reality though. If anyone here lived up there i lived at number 4
Have fun remembering lol, Bob.
If you cant be good, at least be funny :)
Bob
Lite Registered User

Facebook: Search for me using rgc117@aol.com

Re: Concrete Canyon

Postby JohnKearney(Taff) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Bob, I lived at 12 Top Sandy Lane, (concrete canyon) for 24yrs your right our house was freezing in Winter even though we had coal fires in both rooms down stairs,do you keep in touch with anybody else who lived up there between me growing up 1952 to leaving 1976. John Kearney
JohnKearney(Taff)
Lite Registered User

Re: Concrete Canyon

Postby Bob » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:57 pm

JohnKearney(Taff) wrote:Hi Bob, I lived at 12 Top Sandy Lane, (concrete canyon) for 24yrs your right our house was freezing in Winter even though we had coal fires in both rooms down stairs,do you keep in touch with anybody else who lived up there between me growing up 1952 to leaving 1976. John Kearney

Hi John, its good to hear from you and sorry for taking ages to respond but i forgot my log in info. I am in touch still with Derrick Wright and his cousins Vik, Joe and Adela Filep (Phillips), Christine Oakley(Bray) and George Shirtcliffe. Derrick I have personal contact with and the rest via Facebook.
If you cant be good, at least be funny :)
Bob
Lite Registered User

Facebook: Search for me using rgc117@aol.com

Return to Local History & Memories