Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Strand Cinema

Do you remember....? Join in discussions of Warsop and its local history, and share your memories of the good times from the past with other locals.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Strand Cinema

Postby Reg Dab » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 pm

I posted this in the General Chatter section, but it's probably of more interest here.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... hp?t=71595
Urgent! Please send 300 kilos of white mice. No time to explain.
Reg Dab
Lite Registered User

Re: Strand Cinema

Postby dalenorris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:36 pm

The Strand Cinema, was definately part of my growing up in Warsop. As a 12 year old, I was fascinated, with the frontage. Very grand, and those steps up, made it so attractive and inviting. Saturday morning for kids, was a special time. A big attraction of course too, was Colin Tonks, Fish and Chip shop. I later got to know Colin, very well, on the Coop Milk Round, in fact it was Colin, who let me drive the Old Electric Milk float. Awesome. My other memories, which I still mention today, was the Wrestling Events, that eventually came to The Strand. Being too young, or not allowed, we, as kids, went round the back, and listened to all the excitement. To this end, the day that Billy Two Rivers, came to fight. Having seen him on telly, we knew that the fight would only last as long as the 4th or 5th round. So, we sat round the back, we knew, when he was getting fired up, then a massive roar, as he landed his Tomahawk Chop, and finished the fight. Great stuff, completed with a bag of Batter bits, from Colin.
dalenorris
Lite Registered User

Facebook: dalenorris@telkomsa.net

Return to Local History & Memories