Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Harry (Keneth) Bletcher

Do you remember....? Join in discussions of Warsop and its local history, and share your memories of the good times from the past with other locals.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Harry (Keneth) Bletcher

Postby Caz » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:43 am

I received this sad e.mail today and thought I should share it with you all. I know some of you remember Harry and were in touch with him. His user name on the forum was Canuck and although he didn't post very much, he used to e.mail his memories and I'd post them for him. His health hasn't been good over the past couple of years, but he kept in touch. http://forum.warsopweb.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1485&start=0
I have passed on your condolences to Harry's wife, Elsie.

Dear Carol,

It is with deep sorrow I send this message to you.

Harry passed away on Friday the 25th February 2011.He died in Hospital in Bracebridge Ontario Canada
as you know he has not been that well for a few years now but he never complained.

He loved his life in Canada, but he never forgot his roots,he enjoyed emailing the Warsop Web and telling stories.

I have to say he loved his family and everyone, everyone loved Harry.

We celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary on the 24th February, we did that at his bed side,although we knew he was having
a difficult time I am sure he heard us talking to him.

I know he would wish me to let you know.

Sincerely,

Elsie Bletcher
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Re: Harry (Keneth) Bletcher

Postby m8tey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:44 pm

So sad. Our thoughts go to Elsie and the rest of the family........
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Digger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 pm

When my father died just over 4 years ago I registered on this forum to keep in touch with my home town and its folk. A few months later my aunt died. She'd been born in Warsop and I mentioned it on here. Harry pm'd me with his memories of my grandparents and the family when they lived near his in Orchard Yard. IHe remembered my aunt. It was great to hear from him and I had a couple more mails, the last about 2 years ago when he said that he'd been very poorly. He sounded like a nice chap who obviously had some great memories of, and a love for his home town.

Sorry to hear of his death and my condolences to his family.
I wish I was fishing
Digger
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 am

I had this e.mail from Elsie today........

I know you would all be thinking of us today,the sun was shinning but it was cold,

I have to say the service was lovely,not that religious ,the Minister done what was the thing to do

Lorretta, Harry's Cardiologist done a wonderful job,she spoke from the heart,and every word was true.

The Hymn The Lord's my Shepherd was sung by the congregation.

Stuarts wife Jennifer read the scripture Wisdom 3: 1-8

Psalm 121 was read .My favourite

A Solo How Great Thou Art, was sung by a Lady who is in the Church choir ( beautiful)

The Lord's Prayer was read

At the end of the service Postlude: Jerusalem was played by the Organist.

I feel I did Harry Proud,and if he had have been there,he would have been very very proud.

I had a Framed photo of Harry on the Alter along with the Urn and a beautiful display of flowers.

I know you would all be thinking of us today as I was thinking of all of you,

Thank you all for your lovely cards.

Elsie
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Cheshire Cat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 pm

I had a chat with Harry at Christmas. He knew he was checking out but hoped to have one more holiday travelling by train through the Canadian Rockies. Sadly he didn't make it but he was happy. He told me many times he had enjoyed a great life. He left Warsop for Vancouver in the fifties and ended up in Toronto. He just wanted a better life than Warsop could offer him in the fifties. Although it was after he moved to Canada his father died down Warsop Main. His wife, my Grandma got £250 if I remember correctly.

Looking at the demolition of Welbeck headstocks I can't help feeling he had the right idea in looking for a brighter future elsewhere.
Cheshire Cat
Lite Registered User

Postby Canuck » Thu May 26, 2011 12:46 am

I have to correct what Cheshire cat put Harry was living in England when His father died,he was working at Thorseby Colliery as a fitter,I remember him telling me that he over heard two guys talking about his father dying.Harry had just moved to Canada in the September in 1963 when his Mother died in the December.
Canuck
Lite Registered User

Return to Local History & Memories