Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Lets hear some of your old memories then from in and around

Do you remember....? Join in discussions of Warsop and its local history, and share your memories of the good times from the past with other locals.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Lets hear some of your old memories then from in and aro

Postby Caz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:22 pm

focus wrote:
Caz wrote:Mrs Gabitas was head mistress of Hetts Lane when I was there and I started in January 1960. My first class was in the huts which were very cosy with their big fire burner in the middle. Mr Perry taught me at Sherwood Street School.

that would put you in one of my classes when i was there if i am right can you remember this hetts lane mrs ball miss holt mrs carlesss (mr calesss who had the shop on sherwood street) mrs johnson hetts lane mr johnson was at sherwood ( there daughter sarah was in ome of my classes ) and they lived just at the bottom of my street mr perry uaed to take me to sherwood in his car he only lives across the road from me. sherwood mr stokes heamaster mrs wells mrs righly mr wass my teatcher at sherwood he evern once bort my dad's car of him
I remember those people but you weren't in any of my classes, though I think you're a bit younger than me. My first teacher at Hetts Lane was Mrs Rodgers, she lived on Mansfield Road.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Caz wrote:
focus wrote:
Caz wrote:Mrs Gabitas was head mistress of Hetts Lane when I was there and I started in January 1960. My first class was in the huts which were very cosy with their big fire burner in the middle. Mr Perry taught me at Sherwood Street School.

that would put you in one of my classes when i was there if i am right can you remember this hetts lane mrs ball miss holt mrs carlesss (mr calesss who had the shop on sherwood street) mrs johnson hetts lane mr johnson was at sherwood ( there daughter sarah was in ome of my classes ) and they lived just at the bottom of my street mr perry uaed to take me to sherwood in his car he only lives across the road from me. sherwood mr stokes heamaster mrs wells mrs righly mr wass my teatcher at sherwood he evern once bort my dad's car of him
I remember those people but you weren't in any of my classes, though I think you're a bit younger than me. My first teacher at Hetts Lane was Mrs Rodgers, she lived on Mansfield Road.
i remember mrs rodges i was born in 1957 in them days you add to be five by sometime in september to start school. as my birthday is in october i was all most six before i started school.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 am

Focus, as I said in a previous post, I started school in 1960, after Christmas, just before my fifth birthday. If you were born in 1957 and started school when you were nearly six, that means you started school in 1963 but I think you may have it wrong as I remember you were in my sister's year and she started in 1962.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 am

Caz wrote:Focus, as I said in a previous post, I started school in 1960, after Christmas, just before my fifth birthday. If you were born in 1957 and started school when you were nearly six, that means you started school in 1963 but I think you may have it wrong as I remember you were in my sister's year and she started in 1962.
i know i started school in 1962. i allway thourt it was in the september of that year. but as you started just after christmas in 1960, i must have too unless someone changed something between me and you.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:47 pm

focus wrote:
Caz wrote:Focus, as I said in a previous post, I started school in 1960, after Christmas, just before my fifth birthday. If you were born in 1957 and started school when you were nearly six, that means you started school in 1963 but I think you may have it wrong as I remember you were in my sister's year and she started in 1962.
i know i started school in 1962. i allway thourt it was in the september of that year. but as you started just after christmas in 1960, i must have too unless someone changed something between me and you.
As you were in the same year as my sister, you will have started in September 1962, just before your fifth birthday.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Cheshire Cat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:04 am

Mr Perry used to live in the lodge at the top of Cuckney Hill. Can't remember where he lived prior to that. The Johnson's lived on Birkland Avenue I think. I started in September 1963. A few kids started at Christmas in my year.
Cheshire Cat
Lite Registered User

Postby focus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:52 am

mr perry used live in a bungalow on ridgway road. the first one on the courner by oakfield avenue on the land. where my late granddad's small holding uses to be
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:49 am

I thought Mr Perry lived in the lodge up Cuckney Hill when I was at Sherwood school.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 am

mr perry moved to the lodge cuckney hill when i was at sherwood school. why he moved i do not know. all i know is my late farher helped him with all the plants in his garden. to me it seamed strange when he worked at a school only five minutes down the road.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Cate Rhodes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 pm

I grew up on York Terrace in 1950's, my granny, then aunt, had the sweet shop at the corner of York Terrace opposite the Town Hall.
I remember going round to Metheringham's for penny loaves hot from the oven. Our cat had his leg trapped in a gin trap, which almost cut it off but it was splinted and within a few weeks he was chasing birds again on the Town Hall roof!
It was so sad when the ring road went in - it took a huge chunk of my folks garden.

Catey Corner
Cate Rhodes
Lite Registered User

Previous

Return to Local History & Memories