Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

nuisance unprofessional hand car wash

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

nuisance unprofessional hand car wash

Postby ELISA » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 pm

What's with this hand car wash opening behind the new connie club? are the council just letting any tom, dick or harry start trading in unappropriate places now? I have to put up with the noise from it from 8am till 8pm and am fed up of having to walk around the numerous signs they have spralled out on the pavement. Are'nt you suppose to have some special drainage for the chemicals to go in as I am worried there is over flow coming in to my back garden. Anyone else have any views? :cry:
ELISA
Lite Registered User

Re: nuisance unprofessional hand car wash

Postby Wizard » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't think you need any special drainage system for the chemicals that are being used.
Afterall, its only the same stuff that gets washed down the drains when people wash their cars on the street.
I sympathise with you if they are being noisy though.
From a business point of view, I wouldn't knock anyone who tries to open a new business in Warsop.
Have you tried speaking to them to see if they could try and reduce the noise somehow, maybe by enclosing, or covering, the power wash machines with insulation?
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby ELISA » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Thanks, I neither have any problem with someone trying to get on, and probably would not of gone on here if the operator had not of been so rude when I approached them about the noise. I thought you had to have a suitable place to do that kind of business. I do not know if the chemicals are the same but it is different as it is not like they are washing just one car. I know the site has planning for development, but can not see anything that approves of the car wash by the council. Its not like we are short of them any how!!
ELISA
Lite Registered User

Postby dcj » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 pm

No point complaining,the one up the road on the A60 was raided and had four arrested on drug charges yet strangel was open for business the next day and packed out again. Good to see local crime is being supported.cant let it get in the way of a cheap job can we now.
dcj
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Personally, I can't see how so many hand car washes manage to stay in business but they always seem to survive. I agree that new businesses are what we need in Warsop but I do sympathise with you if you are suffering as a result. I would think they'd need an operating licence and permission for change of use for the premises, though I'd also think any adjoining property would be notified if planning permission was needed. In any case it would be Mansfield District Council you'd need to contact to find out - phone 463463 or go to their website for other contact details. http://www.mansfield.gov.uk/

Perhaps if you have objections, you can come to an arrangement about operating hours, or as mentioned above, insulation to reduce noise and there are restrictions as to what signage can be placed on pavements.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby ELISA » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks Caz, I will try contacting the council. As I have said, I do not have objections to new businesses opening as long as they are suitable for the environment they are in. This is right in the middle of a residential area! The one on the A60 actually is a good example as its out of the way and somewhere you would expect to see a business like that. I hear they recycle all their water and that too, and dcj, if the rumours were true I am sure they would not of been able to open again if the police had found anything. I hear it was a case of mistaken identity as no one was even charged. Any how I shall try the council and maybe get them to come out.
ELISA
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Elisa, let us know how you get on, though if you haven't already had a letter from MDC as resident of an adjoining property, it's possible there are no issues relating to the nature of business. As that property was previously designated as commercial property, I think it's likely to be put to that type of use again.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby whitevanman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:35 pm

There are quite a lot of rules and regulations to abide by, here are the guidelines from the Environmental agency;

http://a0768b4a8a31e106d8b0-50dc802554e ... dx-e-e.pdf
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby ELISA » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks, I only received an email back from John Wrag at MDC on Friday, advising that although the car wash has opened without any planning application being received they are quite happy to let it go on until they receive such an application, then they will send out letters to residents asking for any comments. Anyone else think this is abit backwards? It's like saying, no you should not of done this but we will let you continue doing it whilst you do what you were suppose to do in the first place! and it sounds as if unless they get a number of objections they will pass it. I don't know how if he's suppose to be adhering to all these rules!
ELISA
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 pm

It sounds like MDC are not worried they're doing anything wrong because I think they'd jump on it very quickly if they thought they'd got reason to. I suppose allowing them to carry on without permission is a sign that they're trying to support businesses even if they are doing things backwards.

If the car wash isn't a successful business, it will close down without MDC telling them to, but to be honest, I'd rather live next to a car wash than a pub and nobody would need permission to open it as a pub as it's already been used for that purpose.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Community Watch