Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Stranger Danger???!!!!

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Stranger Danger???!!!!

Postby twiggy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi everyone, i understand not much can be said, and im fully aware of the meaning chinese whispers, but im wondering if any one knows what happened in warsop today regarding police patrolling local schools and the police helicopter being out.
I have heard so many diffferent stories, all of which arnt nice and to be honest i feel a bit worried as i heard it involved stanger danger at one of our local schools!! and with my daughter just starting school this year its all a bit worrying. :(

Can any body help, ive tried looking on the news but cant find anything, so who better to ask then the community.
Thank you x
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Re: Stanger Danger???!!!!

Postby Westmorland » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 pm

This is from the Warsop Police Beat report for August,

The new school term is upon us, not before time I hear you say. The beat team will be visiting all the schools in the area to talk about road safety and stranger danger, the dark nights will soon be here and the youngsters need to be aware of road safety. We will also be talking about cyber bullying which is something that is on the increase, this comes in the form of social network sites and mobile phones, the team will highlight the dangers of the internet and the consequences for offenders.

Pcso Sharon Brown has now left us to resume her roll in the union office, we wish her all the best.
PC 242 BENNETT
PCSO 7297 EYRE
Last edited by Westmorland on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 pm

If of course you require any further information for peace of mind then contact Mansfield Police by ringing Telephone 101
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby twiggy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 pm

hi thanks for that,.there was an ancident today which police had to be called, the police helicopter was out and police were monitoring the school when i collected my daughter. all a bit scary when no one will tell us why!! ive heard several comments but just dont know what to believe, one being a child was snatched, another a child was stabbe and another that an adlt male was involved in something and he fled and hasnt been found!!!! all abit worrying really.
ohhhh i didnt realise i could do that. thanks Adrian
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Twiggy. Normally when the police helicopter is out, you get someone posting on the News as it Happens thread, but nothing has been posted today. I saw the helicopter and I believe it landed up near the sand quarry and I saw a lot of police around at the time. I don't know what it was all about and I never listen to rumours either, so I'm afraid I can't help.

Whatever it was that happened, you can rest assured that if it had been anything to put members of the community at risk, the police would certainly have been letting us know about it, so it's more likely to have been a targeted incident where nobody else was in danger. I can quite understand your concern as a parent, but I can assure you, if children had been at risk, you would certainly have been warned by police.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Re: Stranger Danger???!!!!

Postby twiggy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:21 am

thank you caz, i cant believe the gossip!!!! it certainly isnt needed and you have reassured me thank you x
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:37 am

It's always wise not to believe gossip because people get hold of the wrong end of the stick, put two and two together to make five and cause distress and alarm needlessly. I'm sure you'll be hearing more rumours at the school gates today but unless it comes directly from school staff or the police, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. ;)
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby twiggy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm

i will do :) i think its rather sad. thank you for your help x
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Postby Brummylass » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 pm

My son and his friend reported a man in a white van pulling up outside Meden and sat staring at them for a while before pulling off....nothing more said or done. Could be nothing. They reported to school.
This was around last week of September, can't remember exact day.
Brummylass
Lite Registered User

Return to Community Watch