Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Anti social behaviour on Carrs steps

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Re: Anti social behaviour on Carrs steps

Postby Caz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Elmer - I have a lot of experience of the misplaced powers of ivory tower dwellers! In our case, it made us feel totally worthless and alone! It seems the law isn't there to protect law abiding citizens and innocent victims, it's there to protect the criminal.

As for MDC advertising in prisons, it was in the Parish Council minutes on more than one occassion as the PC tackled MDC about it and pushed for action. It was some time ago, when the Warsop News was in much smaller format, but I've been putting the meeting minutes on Warsop Web for the past ten years and I'm sure it will be there somewhere because that's how I know about it. http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/articles/parish/index.htm I believe it had been reported to the PC that someone had seen a notice up in a prison saying housing was available in Warsop and I remember the local councillors were up in arms about it.

Moaner - I don't know about the colliery houses.

Q - Don't be put off by my experience. You may have more luck with evidence than we did, however, there is a CCTV camera on Sherwood St and nothing was gleened from that, but you can positively identify the culprit, whereas my hubby and other witnesses couldn't.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tomas Drouty » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:21 pm

It's not been mentioned to the Parish Council since 2007 regarding MDC advertising rental properties in Warsop in prisons.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Caz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm

No TD, I think it was earlier but it was mentioned more than once because I remember a councillor saying it had been raised before and was led to believe the issue had been dealt with and would look into it to see if it was still being practised.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Quiksilver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Elmer - it seems you are wrong. I asked the question and here you have, straight from the horse's mouth ( so as to speak)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

"Dear Lynn
I can assure that the cameras in Warsop are working and are monitored by operators within the CCTV Control Room here at Mansfield District Council.

It would be nice if you could provide the source of your information so that we can put the same answer to them "

Kind Regards
Gareth.

Gareth Batten-Jones
Senior CCTV Operator
Tel. 01623 463742
QuikSilver
Quiksilver
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Quiksilver wrote:Elmer - it seems you are wrong. I asked the question and here you have, straight from the horse's mouth ( so as to speak)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

"Dear Lynn
I can assure that the cameras in Warsop are working and are monitored by operators within the CCTV Control Room here at Mansfield District Council.

It would be nice if you could provide the source of your information so that we can put the same answer to them "

Kind Regards
Gareth.

Interesting, I know they allow group visits to the CCTV room from clubs, so if you are perhaps a chairman of a society Lynn why not arrange a visit

Gareth Batten-Jones
Senior CCTV Operator
Tel. 01623 463742
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Q - I've been on a visit to the control room and I've seen them monitoring the cameras in Warsop and believe me they show quite a lot of detail. However, they have banks of monitors all around the room and monitor hundreds of cameras, so they are not continuously watching and there's only a couple of staff monitoring at a time anyway, but they do all record, so they can look back on footage.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Quiksilver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm not in a chairman, I'm not in any clubs, but if there was an arranged visit from somewhere I would JUMP at the chance.
Nosey person that I am :-)
QuikSilver
Quiksilver
Lite Registered User

Postby Brummylass » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi, just wanted to add, difficult without names but social care should be made aware of the children in the 'care' of these drunks. May add to building a picture for those poor children.

Glad you were ok on such a unpredictable situation.
Brummylass
Lite Registered User

Previous

Return to Community Watch