Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Anti social behaviour on Carrs steps

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Anti social behaviour on Carrs steps

Postby Quiksilver » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 pm

I feel I have to write about an incident this evening on the Carrs whilst walking with my dog and grandchildren past the steps.
There was a group of people - clearly been drinking for a while, with a dinghy, 2 small children and a staffy. Probably 5 males and 1 female, approx 30 years old.
The dog, unleashed with no collar had a go at my labrador as we passed. I turned, and shouted at the woman to get her dog.. in the melee that followed the dog waspulled off by one of the men. But the woman - fuelled by drink was beside herself with rage that I had dares to tell her to get her dog on a lead. She came at me, yelling and swearing. I stood fast and told her to calm herself down. This seemed to annoy her more.
More bad language. More abuse. With my granchildren as audience!
She stood toe to toe, nose to nose LITERALLY with me. Bouncing me off her her ample chest with her arms by her side, effing and jeffing and breathing her lager breath staright in my face.
How ladylike.

I turned away, not letting her see how threatened I was feeling, expecting a shove ( or worse) which never came. Thank god.
I didn't look back as she was telling her male audience that she was going to 'do me'...........

I have reported the incident to the police and will definately recognise her again.

Aged about 30. Dark hair scraped back into a bun or pony tail. White vest and darkish trousers. Big sunglasses and a small dark brown staffy.
Ring any bells???
QuikSilver
Quiksilver
Lite Registered User

Re: Anti social behaviour on Carrs steps

Postby Wizard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 am

Quiksilver wrote:
Aged about 30. Dark hair scraped back into a bun or pony tail. White vest and darkish trousers. Big sunglasses and a small dark brown staffy.
Ring any bells???

I know Adrian rings bells, but I don't think the description is right for him :lol: :lol:

This is a very serious incident, and I am sure the same people will be there again one of these warm nights, so the police should be able to find them.
Luckily, you had the sense to keep calm under what was a really threatening situation.
Who knows what would have happened had you lowered yourself to their standards and turned the argument into a full blown slanging match.
You did well to rise above it and walk away from it all, and subsequently inform the police about it.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Quiksilver » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks Wizard for you bolstering comments.
It was strangley easy to stay calm at the time. Maybe because grandchildren werew there?
It was only afterwards that I felt sick ...

I am trying to get in contact with PC Wayne Bennett who has some local knowledge but he appears to be on leave at the mo.
CCTV should show the crowd as they left the Carrs area about 7pm last night but I am not sure how long videos are kept.

on a mission x
QuikSilver
Quiksilver
Lite Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 pm

i think minimum cctv has to be kept is 28days (or thats what we have to keep ours for in the business
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Sharon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 pm

It's these sort of people that put me off walking my dogs on my own. Well done for walking away. They're not worth getting into trouble for. Hope the police find out who they are.
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Postby Quiksilver » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm

28 days eh? I still have time then.
I will keep nagging local PC until the 'lady' ( hahahaha) in question is hunted down, and gets her slap on the wrist.

And Sharon. I know what you mean about going out alone, but the alternative is that we don't actually do what we have a right to do.
I guess the 'right' thing to do is somewhere in the middle of the extremes.
I for one will NOT stop walking my dog in public spaces. In hindsight maybe I should have given these folk a wide berth.

Frustrating isn't it??
QuikSilver
Quiksilver
Lite Registered User

Postby Sharon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Sometimes is hard to know what to do for the best. Like you, I won't stop walking my dogs in public parks. When mine was attacked a few weeks ago it was completely unprovoked, the other dog deliberately running across the road to have a go. That charming gentleman whose dog it was then told my hubby to get out of his way and "eff off". It's put me off walking round there, but equally it's a route that's convenient to me. (incidentally hubby thought he saw the chap again disappearing up Iveagh Close).

I hope CCTV or someone recognises your lovely "lady"!
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I agree you did a very big thing by keeping calm and walking away. It really isn't worth stooping to the same level as these kind of people and to be honest, I doubt a visit from the police will bother them much either.

Well done you for doing the right thing under what must have been difficult circumstances!!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby ELMER FUDD » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I am very sorry to hear of your nasty experiance Quickselver but I'm not in the least surprised. Society is heading down hill at an ever increasing rate and I lay the blame fairly and squarely on those whom we elect to look after our interests. Nationally and locally we are ill served by government.
You did state that you would recognise this nasty piece of goods if you saw her again. The more important question I would think is had you seen her before?
Is she a home grown vulgarian or an import? I have mentioned before on these pages the fact that MDC imports scum from all over the country, the majority of whom they dump in Warsop.
When I first became aware of this it was from the mouth of our laclustre mayor when he was first seeking election to his luctrative post. At that time he stated that MDC got £7,000 for every disfunctional family it accepted from whatever local authority glad to get rid of them. If he gained power he would put an immediate end to the practice. Like hell he has. Like every politician of every hue he soon forgot his pledges on attaining office.

Don't expect any satisfaction from the police. The ones from whom we should expect action are our councillors. They are the ones responsible for this situation. If they sit on MDC and don't know what's going on or they do and continue to ignore it then they shouldn't be there. It's time to use our brains when putting an X on a voting paper instead of blindly voting for a member of a particular political persuasion. If we go on as we are it won't be long until won't feel free to walk the streets at all.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 am

Elmer, I agree with your post to some degree. MDC certainly have used us as a dumping ground and have even advertised in prisons that there are houses for rent in Warsop, something the Parish Council rightly got upset about and kicked up a stink. This is one reason I'd like to see the PC buying some of the empty houses in Warsop themselves and using them to house decent local people, instead of leaving it to MDC. With regard to voting - all politicians, whichever colour, tell us they'll do something but develop amnesia once elected, so it's not easy to know who will do our duty.

However, we're assuming this person is not locally bred, but whether or not, I don't think there's a lot the police can do. For the reasons you mention and because they no longer seem to have much power when it comes to taking people to court. The Crown Prosecution Service seem to be God these days and I know that frustrates the police because they tell them whether they have enough evidence to take a person to court and convict them of an offence. If the CPS don't think the evidence is totally watertight and patently obvious, they don't allow a case to go to court and charges are dropped.

You may remember my husband was mugged at the speed bank on Sherwood St earlier this year. Within an hour of it happening, the police caught someone of the description. He had the exact amount of money stolen from my hubby and other evidence pointed to it being him. The police were sure they'd got the right person and although he matched the description and there were witnesses, nobody could positively identify him in a line-up, so the CPS threw the case out. The police were angry and frustrated, as of course were we. They'd spent a lot of time and resources putting the evidence together and it did stack up so we felt certain he would be convicted but it never got to court. It was the same when we were having stuff nicked off our garden, we and the police knew who the culprits were but didn't have enough evidence to take it to court, until we installed CCTV and got actual footage of the culprit in the act.

I know of one case where the person admitted to me they'd done something but was saved because the CPS said there wasn't enough evidence. Very often the police know who the criminals are but can't do a thing about it. It's not because they don't want to, it's because it's a waste of their time and effort. Very frustrating indeed!!!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby johno » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am

The slippery slope. :roll:
johno
Lite Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:01 am

That was a very interesting reply to my last post Caz. What you had to say about the CPS relating to your husband's unfortiunate experiance came as no surprise. I see reports of that behaviour cropping up all the time all over the country. Another example of what happens when powers are given to faceless individuals in ivory towers totally divorced from the grim realities of life.
One item in your post really disturbed me. You mentioned that MDC advertised in prisons the fact that there are houses to rent in Warsop. First I have ever heard of this. Was it specifically Warsop? Was there no mention of Mansfield in general, the Berry Hill or any other region in particular? If not, then we have proof positive that Warsop is viewed by MDC as the cess pool of North Notts.
You also say that the parish council was "rightly" upset about it. If that were so why did we not hear about it loudly and clearly? Why wasn't the headline blazoned across the front page of the Warsop News?
"MDC THINKS WARSOP IS THE S... HOLE OF NOTTS".
Then, perhaps, the people of Warsop would be spurred on to demand that we be freed from under the yolk of a remote, uncaring council that nas never been of any positive benefit to us.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 am

is it not also correct that because the warsop collery would not sell ALL the houses to MDC and said it was offering them to the miners first that mdc said "ok but we will fill it with scum with the houses we do buy"?
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Quiksilver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:32 am

I'm finding this thread is making very interesting and informative reading.
It seems until you are actually touched by agressive anti social behaviour the issue doesn't seem to bother you much ( I am ashamed to say!)

I agree with many of the comments on here, and am determined to at least name and shame the excuse of a woman who yelled and threatened me. I'm pretty sure she is known to the police - just from her attitude and the things she said.

I am frustrated that I have to wait for local police officers to be back from leave before I actually speak face to face to someone.
I am as sure as I can be that the crowd will be on CCTV, and therefore easy to recognise. BUT, if Caz's experience is anything to go by I am not holding my breath.

Hey ho.
QuikSilver
Quiksilver
Lite Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm not sure Q but I think those cameras are there for show. I don't think they record anything, but good luck to you.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Next

Return to Community Watch