Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Dog Attack

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Dog Attack

Postby Sharon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:49 pm

My two dogs have just been attacked by a large terrier of some sort. It looked like a staffordshire bull terrier, but was bigger and extremely aggressive. Fortunately my husband was there, otherwise I think things could have been alot more serious. This was on the junction of Southgate Road/Meden Avenue. The dog was on the other side of the road to ours, but slipped its collar to run across the road and attack.

The bloke with the dog was about 5' 9, wearing jeans, green hoodie and red baseball cap. He could barely control the dog when he managed to get hold of it he just told him my husband to eff off.
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Re: Dog Attack

Postby Warsop Person » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:39 pm

When you say just Sharon, what time was it and which way was the guy walking?
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Sharon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Must have been about 7.30 ish. He was walking along Meden Avenue down towards The Burns
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Postby Sharon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Unfortunately we ended up at the emergency vets last night after finding a puncture wound to my dog's abdomen. Thankfully no damage to his internal organs, but he's in a lot of pain as it's damaged his muscle.

If you see this chap I would be very, very wary if you have a dog or child with you
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Postby Troy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Hope you and your Dogs are ok Sharon, Dog attacks on other dogs and Horses are getting more and more frequent, I worry sometimes when im out and about with my Dog as she is a big dog and looks good sport for a cpl of staffy type dogs to fight. Im not haveing ago at the breed of dogs its the owners at fault they are the ones that need punishing.
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Sharon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Troy

He's doing OK thanks. Very sad and clingy today. He's not himself and obviously in some discomfort, but hopefully will start to pick up soon. I've got to agree - it's the owners that are at fault. I must admit though, I'm a bit wary of walking in that area now.
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Postby Troy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Glad he is on the mend, I would also be wary Sharon walking in that same area, lets hope it was a one off .
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 am

A friend was telling me about her experience with a nasty dog, whilst walking along Sandy Lane/Upper Cross Lane last Sunday afternoon. A woman walking two small dogs threw a ball for them and the curly white haired terrier ran after it but decided to attack my friend instead. It tore into her jeans and bit her leg. Luckily her jeans took the brunt and she wasn't seriously injured, but it did mark her and it tore quite a strip out of her jeans.

The most disturbing thing is that the dog owner defended her dog's action and suggested my friend must have scared her dog somehow, yet this was totally unprovoked. All she was doing was walking along the lane. The dog owner said if she'd seen her walking, she'd have put the dog on a lead. So does the dog owner know it's nasty and likely to attack people? If so, should the dog be allowed off the lead at all?

My friend gave the dog owner her name and address, but the dog owner refused to give hers though my friend did get photos of the owner and the dogs and the dog owner has since reimbursed my friend the cost of a new pair of jeans, so she has at least accepted responsibility.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Community Watch