Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Beware of scrap collectors

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Re: Beware of scrap collectors

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 pm

The scrap men are out in force today, I don't know whether they're illegal ones but a white pick-up with scrap, went up our street around 9.30 this morning. Another blue pick-up has just been up.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 pm

A white pick-up scrap lorry just went up our street again. I don't know if it's the one that's in question but there were three men in the cab and when they saw me looking they speeded up down the road and left. The cab of the pick-up had an orange light on top.

Registration number EA03 XDW
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Brummylass » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Scrap pickup with cage back on was parked at bottom of Elkesley Rd today for a while by colliery. Lads from it appeared to be playing football on pitch. Full of what looked like White goods, so
Maybe legit. ?
Brummylass
Lite Registered User

Postby Sharon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 am

Just thought I'd post that I had my old oven removed from my property yesterday whilst I was out. It was down the side of the house, not on the driveway and behind a closed gate. Admittedly the gate wasn't locked, but neither had the oven been put out for collection.

I've checked round the back of the house/sheds etc and nothing else seems to have gone, but just a warning that obviously the collectors are helping themselves.
Sharon
Lite Registered User

Postby Brummylass » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Couple of young lads in a white transit been down twice over the weekend, Elkesley Rd, stripped a wheelbarrow and took some other metals off end of gardens.
They were back clearing someones garden of shrubs and openly dumped some old tyres on our car space, when confronted they said they would pick them back up before leaving, only disapeared yesterday.

They certainly weren't shy, but worked fast.
Brummylass
Lite Registered User

Postby Mustaine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Came home from work today and it looks like they've been up our street and pinched my old cooker from the back garden. My daughter was in and she said no-one knocked to ask about it. Can't believe they would just come onto private property and help themselves. Did anyone see anything? It'd only been out there a few days whilst we could get it to the tip but I am annoyed they just took it!
Mustaine
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Yes Musty, there definitely was a scrap wagon on our street today. I didn't notice if he'd stopped anywhere as I only caught a glimpse of him through the window as he passed our house. It was one of those like a small lorry with a cage round it. Sorry, I should have taken more note because I know what some of these scrappies are like.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Community Watch