Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Convicted Paedophile From Meden Vale (NOW SENTENCED)

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Convicted Paedophile From Meden Vale (NOW SENTENCED)

Postby Nottingham89 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I know it's not Warsop it's self but its close enough, a 49 year old man who lives in Meden Vale has been found guilty of several child sex offences last week in the Crown Court in Nottingham, he was bailed till the 10/3, he is then due back at the Crown Court for sentencing.

:shock:

Sentenced to 3 and a half years in prison, sex offenders register, and a SOPO order (cant be near kids under 18 un supervised)

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/court ... ticle.html
Last edited by Nottingham89 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nottingham89
Lite Registered User

Re: Convicted Paedophile in Meden Vale

Postby Wizard » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:01 pm

As this subject has been raised (and I am not asking you to name the person involved) what is the opinion of the Forum on this.
When a convicted Paedophile has been released from prison after serving their sentence, should they be "named and shamed",( so that people know who to be aware of ) or should they just be left alone to blend back in to the local community?
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Nottingham89 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:43 pm

I know his exact location at the moment now, hopefully he will be going to prison for a very long time. But his wife, even though he has been found guilty is still a supporter of him.
Nottingham89
Lite Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 am

My personal opinion is that nobody decides to commit crimes like this for the hell of it. It is how a person is and therefore I feel that they need help with it and not punishment. Naming someone does not help, it makes them run and hide and not seek help.

Let's not forget in all this that although someone is found guilty of a crime there are also miscarriages of justice and these are proven to wreck lives.

Also consider, if it were true would the victim want attention drawing to the matter?
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby tightwadswife » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:38 am

This is another one of those subjects that is never black and white to me and being unaware of the facts in this particular case and having no personal involvement, I can't possibly pass judgement - and neither can anyone else on this forum. The courts are dealing with it. Surely to protect the privacy of the victims and their families, this type of crime shouldn't be widely publicised so I certainly don't agree with the vigilante attitude of some people.
Wizard. For some reason, this type of crime appears to be far more sensational now than it was many moons ago when I was a kid. As I recall, there was a mainly quiet but wary acceptance. No huge publicity involved. 'They' lived amongst us. We were aware of who 'they' were. 'They' knew we were aware.
To be honest, you were more likely to be driven out of this village for living in sin or committing adultery.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 am

Those of us who were online when the subject was first posted will have seen the street where he lives.(before it was edited)
I agree that it is "fashionable" to sensationalise anything to do with Paedophiles, but at the end of the day, would you like it if a convicted paedophile was living next door to someone with children, or who is seen hanging around schools?
Normally, they have got away with some previous occasions because the family and friends "cannot believe that he would do such a thing"
They always believe that the accused is "not like that" and its a miscarriage of justice.
The police do not take accusations like this lightly, and will have interviewed the victims on numerous occasions before taking the case to Court.
To TWW.
When we were in our teens, we all knew who the Gays and Lesbians were in the local villages.
Just because someone is gay does not mean that they are Paedophiles.
Although, if I recall correctly, one of the local gays was ostracised from the area for interfering with a teenager.
He didn't return to the village on his release from prison.
Its all very well saying let them get on with their lives when they are released from prison, but if they re-offend, people will then be asking why they weren't told of the Paedophile living amongst them.
I do think that we are sometimes over protective with children, especially when it comes to parents taking photo's and videoing such things as the school Nativity play.
It has been going on for years and years, and I really cannot see anything wrong with that at all.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 am

Nottingham89 wrote:I know it's not Warsop it's self but its close enough, a 49 year old man who lives in Meden Vale has been found guilty of several child sex offences last week in the Crown Court in Nottingham, he was bailed till the 10/3, he is then due back at the Crown Court for sentencing.

:shock:

Firstly, I'd just like to point out that Meden Vale IS Warsop! When we refer to Warsop, we mean the whole Parish, not just Market Warsop. Warsop includes, Church Warsop, Market Warsop, Meden Vale, Spion Kop and Warsop Vale. So anything within that area is certainly relevent to the forum.

With regard to naming and shaming, I'm not sure what the legal position is on this and there is currently debate in parliament on the subject, so we'll see what transpires from that. I would name and shame if the police asked me to, otherwise I think the responses we've had from forum members are sensible and realistic. As we're a close community, word of mouth will probably suffice as TWW said, so we'll all get to know and be aware.

This is a community forum and although we publish news, I prefer not to name perpetrators and victims on here in respect for their families. In any case, bits tend to get added on and facts get distorted, so I wouldn't want to be publishing libellous material.

Please respect this and don't post any information that may lead to the identity of anyone involved in this case.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Caz, I was not talking about risking naming someone on this site, I was just talking in general.
After all, if someone is caught and convicted for burglary, or drug dealing, people will inform others of the name of the guilty parties.
However, I find it amazing that some people try to defend the more serious crime such as being a convicted Paedophile.
The sooner that people accept that their close friend or family member is a CONVICTED Paedophile the better the world will be.
From Warsop Person. My personal opinion is that nobody decides to commit crimes like this for the hell of it. It is how a person is and therefore I feel that they need help with it and not punishment
Make no mistake, these people are grown adults, and they know exactly what is right from wrong. Do not try and defend a paedophile.
Remember, this is not village gossip where someone has been accused of kiddy fiddling, they have actually been convicted of the crime.
If they had wanted help, they could have gone and seen someone to get some "help" as you put it, many years ago, not waited until they have been caught doing their vile act.
The victims here are only children, maybe you have children of your own, or grand children, the same age as the victims!
God only knows how long, and how many children have been put through the pain of not having anyone believe what has been happening to them because no one has believed them!
My heart bleeds for the victim and their family, not for the convicted low life who committed the atrocious act!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby tightwadswife » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you wizard. I think my point was that in the past the perpetrator of any such act was named and shamed within the community, but without the sensationaisation that people seem to consider appropriate nowadays.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby hopalong » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:01 pm

There is a wide range of views here, thankfully, courtesy of the free society in which we live. This society provides checks and balances to the way in which we are able to live life freely. It is a good system which has developed over centuries and vigilante groups or any attempt to influence reaction to any individual is to be deterred at all costs. We live in a society where Policing is conducted by consent of society and if any extremism were in the majority then the Police would not be able to do their job effectively. The Police have systems whereby certain groups of people are checked regularly and paedophiles are registered appropriately and monitored accordingly. As for the name of the individual concerned if that person has been convicted at Court then his / her name will be in the public domain for all to see as with any other offence. If anyone feels so strongly about this then join / form a neighbourhood watch or report any facts to the Police and let them do the job correctly and professionally.
hopalong
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Wizard - my last post wasn't directed at you, you posted while I was posting. I was generally explaining why the perpetrators or victims shouldn't be named on here. I know it's hard not to want to string up a paedophile by the balls, but we don't know the facts and never will know them all. As a close community, we'll ensure that word gets around and the newspapers will do the naming.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Caz, I didn't think that your post was directed at me at all !
Maybe I came across a bit strong about the subject.
Originally I asked the question whether convicted Paedo's should be named and shamed,merely to see what the reaction would be!
I know it's a controversial subject,but it really sickens me when I hear people trying to defend them.

Please note that I use the term "Convicted Paedophile", not "Suspected Paedophile" in my postings.
As previously stated, if these people know they are having unnatural lustful feelings for young children, then they are sick and should get treatment for it.
There is absolutely no excuse in trying to defend a paedophile when they have been caught out, prosecuted, and found guilty by a jury of committing these offences, when they have known for years that it is wrong to have these feelings.
This is the reason that we are now getting grown men aged up to 60 years old coming forward to tell of the horrific sexual offences that were committed upon them as little boys by the people they thought they could trust, for example, members of the Church, and the people who were supposed to protect them in the Children's Care Homes where they had been sent to live.
It's cases like this that made me ask the question about naming and shaming them in the first place.
I also agree that being in a small community, word does get around quickly about where they are living.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby m8tey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Hear, hear wizard........
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Yes Wizard, I agree with you too! As I said, if the police said I could name and shame, then I would.

I recently published details about a young lad who got an ASBO, I put all the details on here, exactly as it was in the local paper, but was told I had to take it off as it was only supposed to have been made public locally and the website is global. So I have to be careful what I publish, but there's nothing to stop people pm'ing that kind of information to each other.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Nottingham89 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Full story to be in the Nottingham Evening Post by the end of the week, I am not sure about the Chad yet.

You can check the Evening's post's stories online.
Nottingham89
Lite Registered User

Next

Return to Community Watch