Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Charity scam?

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Charity scam?

Postby dcj » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:28 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently got a phone call from "a charity organisation" claiming to be collecting for The Rifles. At the time I said I would donate provided I would recieve proof they were who they say were. A receipt and "certificate" were sent through the post before I made any payment. All the info on the certificate could be found easily on the official "The Rifles" web site which I checked out immediately. There is no mention at all of any other charity organisation collecting on their behalf, only the Just Giving charity on the web site.
Question is would an organisation collecting on someones behalf have the same charity reference number as the actual official charity?
dcj
Lite Registered User

Re: Charity scam?

Postby Caz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I would have thought so. It sounds a bit fishy to me.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Community Watch