Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Santander attitude to cloned cards

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Santander attitude to cloned cards

Postby loftyhermes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Following on from my other thread about card cloning, I don't know if other banks have the same attitude or not but Santander has a policy that it will not refund stolen money if the pin number was used with a cloned card, I personaly think that it stinks my wife has now got to go through an appeal process which could take ages. So just be extra careful when inputting your pin number and cover the keypad when keying in your pin.
Me slow??? I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done.
loftyhermes
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Santander attitude to cloned cards

Postby loftyhermes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Just to update, with the help of the CAB in the Town Hall (to whom we would like to say a big thankyou) my wife appealed against the decision and they reconsidered and repaid her the money within 5 days of sending the letter. It turns out that the unauthorised transaction was in Morrisons in Stamford.
Me slow??? I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done.
loftyhermes
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Community Watch