Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Back garden thefts

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Re: Back garden thefts

Postby Caz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't know Troy, but I doubt it. There was a large gang of young teens at the Carrs entrance and a lot of them were drinking. I can't believe I didn't have the cameras turned on, but then I can't believe they had the nerve to come so early and they had to come right up to the house and onto the deck and we were all up. I don't doubt they will have been watching and could see I was engrossed on the computer, actually posting on here, and hubby was settled watching TV. The security light will have come on, but I didn't even notice it!! :roll:

They got away with some cans and two bottles of water! Wine bottles full of water! :lol: I keep my wine a bit more secure!

It makes you wonder what measures you have to take to stop this kind of thing happening. We'd even nailed carpet gripper to the top of the fence where they were coming over and they'd taken that off! Well, they've out smarted me for the last time! :twisted:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:28 pm

It sounds like it's all becoming a bit of a game really!

I don't know why but this reminds me of that carling advert with the squirrels about 10 years ago where the squirrels completed an assault course in somebody's garden to get to some nuts!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Troy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:09 pm

A one sided game,
You will have to invite some ww members over Caz then we can take it in turns watching your garden and catch the buggers at it , mind u I dont think even this would stop them, they would be back next night,
wonder what thier parents would say if they new what thier kids were up to, or how they would like being rob most nights ..... its so frustrating Caz.
Give me a shout Caz .... im used to stopping up all night : )
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes TD, I think it's a game to them too and I remember the mission impossible ad you refer to. I'm beginning to think this is an initiation test to them - you can join our gang if you hop over that woman's fence and nick a few cans out of her fridge without being caught. There must be a fair few members in that gang by now I should think!! :roll:

However, it's also becoming a game to me!!! Who will win??
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Troy wrote:wonder what thier parents would say if they new what thier kids were up to

Something like They're just having a bit of fun and not bothering me.

Do you fancy a rock garden Caz?
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member
Support & Developer Team Member

Postby Caz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 pm

I think I'm starting to use this topic as my blog now. The little blighters were in the school playground again just after nine o clock last night. Hubby and me were sat on the deck having a drink and a fag and we heard them climbing up onto the roof of the school building. One of them popped his head over the fence and probably got a shock at seeing us, but hubby shouted at them and they scarpered across the playground. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:35 pm

We've actually caught one young lad tonight on a neighbours garden, he had three mates who scarpered but came back to demand we let their mate go, otherwise they were going to put our windows in. Doh!! Well if that happens we know who did it don't we!!!! They'd gone by the time the police got here - surprise, surprise! Though they probably heard the siren. I actually think this four were just garden hopping, rather than nicking stuff and were just unlucky. Anyway, I've got four more names to my list and these are all new ones, so I don't think these are the ones I'm really after. Anyway, this lot were so noisy, they'd never get away with anything. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Troy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 am

Hows things going Caz, you havnt posted in a while .... this mut be good news.
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 pm

No events to report at all for the past four weeks, though the weather hasn't been great at weekends for climbing roofs. Thanks for asking Troy! :wink:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby m8tey » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:28 pm

There is a group of youths that have been breaking into sheds in Church Warsop the past couple of nights. Walking the dog in the woods this morning and came across a car that has been burnt out sometime during the night.
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Previous

Return to Community Watch