Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Back garden thefts

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Re: Back garden thefts

Postby Caz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Ours has gone up lot this year. I think I'm going to look at moving it.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Mustaine » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Sorry to hear about that Caz. We had the same thing happen to us about 2yrs ago. Police didn't even bother to come out though - apprently if there's no blood then it's not worth them coming - they just gave us an incident number. I still say that the best deterrant is a dog - although I know people's lifestyles don't always suit keeping one. I'll definitely be having one when I don't work.
Mustaine
Lite Registered User

Postby tightwadswife » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:35 pm

I totally agree Mustaine. Our two barky dogs combined with prickly shrubs are an excellent deterrent.
We also have the standard back up - gadder and baseball bat.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby willi wonka » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 pm

tww......one look from mr tww would be enough to scare me.... :lol:
willi wonka
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Oh, we have the prickly plants, climbing roses and pyracantha but it doesn't deter. They walked the quad up the wall of the building onto the roof, straight through the pyracantha! :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm

The little darlings have been over again. Caught 4 of them on camera. I don't know if this is going to work but I'll try and put a bit of the footage on here. I've had to reduce the quality and I've cut it down, they were there for about 20 minutes sat on the school building roof before they actully came over.

http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/video/findyoungcriminals.wmv
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby molly » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Caz, thats awful. Just watched ur cctv footage. Hope the little b.....s get caught
Caz wrote:The little darlings have been over again. Caught 4 of them on camera. I don't know if this is going to work but I'll try and put a bit of the footage on here. I've had to reduce the quality and I've cut it down, they were there for about 20 minutes sat on the school building roof before they actully came over.

http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/video/findyoungcriminals.wmv
molly
Lite Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Can you ask them to walk next time so as to avoid blurring .. that's so inconsiderate of them!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby molly » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:17 pm

:D :D
Tomas Drouty wrote:Can you ask them to walk next time so as to avoid blurring .. that's so inconsiderate of them!
molly
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Never mind walking instead of running, they could have faced the camera and smiled! Yes, I'm afraid the quality isn't good but that's due to having to compress the video for the internet - I do still have the original footage though. :wink:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:42 pm

So...the original footage isn't blurry then?

-
I quite like the look of this stuff - DyeTective (clicky). Undoubtedly not as effective as a dye pack disguised as a bottle of lager ( ;) :lol: ) but I'd bet it'd give them a good scare when their hands turn red.
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member
Support & Developer Team Member

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 pm

:lol: Yes the original footage is still a bit blurry, due to the lack of light, so better lighting is needed and is on my shopping list! :wink: However, I have a few clues both from the video and from their conversations! I have more footage as they were there for some time and the system automatically records when it senses motion.

I like the caught red handed idea. I have set other little erm, surprises and I won't be beaten. When they nicked the quad it made me physically sick and affected me for days, but this time I feel quite different and determined to stop this. My sister had stuff stolen from outside her back door last Saturday and Tan had her shed broken into a few weeks ago. So, I'm not the only victim and at least they didn't get anything this time. I wouldn't even have known they'd been this time if it hadn't been for the camera, though they did leave the fridge door open slighly but I'd have probably blamed hubby or our Dan for that, so the camera saved them from getting an ear bashing! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:55 am

the film predator springs to mind when they set up camp with motion snsor machine guns, that could be an idea for you caz. they certainly won't do it again lmao
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Is it sod's law or what?!!! I don't usually switch the cameras on until I go to bed and the thieving little sh..s have been and raided the fridge while I was sat here on the computer. Just before half past ten tonight. A neighbour heard them and frightened them off so we knew which way they'd gone. They're sat down at the entrance to the Carrs right now supping our cans. No, I don't put booze in the fridge any more but we've been on holiday and our Dan had put his in there. Police are here now!! Got to go!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Troy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:50 am

Did the Poice get them Caz?
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Community Watch