Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Back garden thefts

Make others aware of local thefts, anti-social behaviour issues or other problems that may arise that you think the Warsop community should be aware of.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Community Watch
In a non-emergency you can call Nottinghamshire Police directly on 101. If someone's life is in danger or a crime is in progress dial 999.

Re: Back garden thefts

Postby Caz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:34 pm

I don't believe they're at it again! Last night at 2am they were on my back garden passing my beer over the fence and a neighbour scared them off! I've just about had enough of this now! Surveillance cameras are now the only answer to catching this gang of young teens who roam the back gardens at night! I called the police this time! They also set fire to a garden seat at the Sycamores nursing home, then an hour later someone's front garden hedge - the fire brigade were called to both.

These are young teens that roam the street at night, probably 13 to 15 year old. They cause havoc, disturb people at night, are a public nuisance and cost tax payers money!

This is probably the right place to sing the praises of the police as well! The operator on the phone was very nice, polite and was prepared to give me as much time as I needed. This made me feel my call was important to them, especially when she said they'd be in touch with me again shortly, though I really didn't expect two policemen to turn up on my doorstep - which they did soon after! They were very thorough and had been a drive round to see if they could spot the gang, then came to have a look round my garden for evidence. I felt so much better once they'd been and really felt something was being done.

The police have a new policy of how and when they should respond to calls and it seems to be working! So, the moral of the story is that you should always phone the police to report a crime or nuisance.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Bliddy hell! They've done it again! Emptied the fridge of beer and also nicked a quad bike off our back garden. They were actually seen this time, otherwise we'd have never believed they could have lifted a quad up onto the roof of the school building. It was just before 2am and several neighbours actually saw them and called the police, who arrived just a little too late to catch them. I'm sick of this now, I've really had enough. I was physically sick last night - chucking up isn't something I do often but this has really un-nerved me. Last night I was ready to sell up and move away - though this morning thought maybe I was being a little irrational.

If anyone saw a bunch of hooded teens pushing a red Suzuki quad through Warsop at 2am, please let me know. I want these little sads catching now, this is the fourth time in less than a year and I am ANGRY!! :twisted:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 am

Argos sell a good cctv system, i've bought one, also how high is the fence from ground level (must take into account both side). you can get plastic fence spikes which still hurt if you catch them but think its a minimum of 6ft they can be fitted.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 pm

It sounds like your beer fridge is becoming a target, perhaps because they know it is there and a guaranteed source of free booze. Our outdoor fridge is in a wooden housing that locks.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Let them see you carrying lots of beer home. Then wait up for a couple of night with a baseball bat. I'll guarantee you'll get satisfaction.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 pm

The beer fridge will be going! We do have another in the garage but it's a pain having to lock and unlock the garage every time we go in it. It was broken into a few years ago and bikes stolen, so it now has a strong door and two locks. I shouldn't have to hide everything from sight and our back garden isn't accessible from anywhere other than the house, unless someone comes over the fence, so it should be secure. It's annoying that we have a summer kitchen that we can no longer use as intended, just because a handful of young teens run riot during the early hours! Bloody annoying in fact!

Our Dan has now set up cctv cameras that transmit to the computer and he's set up and IP Address where we can view the transmission on the internet from anywhere. They also have motion sensors that trigger the record mode and the night view is very clear.

Surprise, surprise, our buildings and contents insurance doesn't cover the quad because it's motorised. Had it been a push bike, or anything else we could have claimed, so does that mean we couldn't claim for a motorised lawn mower? We pay £800 a year for our insurance yet it seems not everything is covered! When we had the push bike stolen before Christmas, we didn't claim and I'm now wishing we had, though the bike cost £300 and the quad cost us £1,350. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby top gun » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 am

Caz wrote:The beer fridge will be going! We do have another in the garage but it's a pain having to lock and unlock the garage every time we go in it. It was broken into a few years ago and bikes stolen, so it now has a strong door and two locks. I shouldn't have to hide everything from sight and our back garden isn't accessible from anywhere other than the house, unless someone comes over the fence, so it should be secure. It's annoying that we have a summer kitchen that we can no longer use as intended, just because a handful of young teens run riot during the early hours! Bloody annoying in fact!

Our Dan has now set up cctv cameras that transmit to the computer and he's set up and IP Address where we can view the transmission on the internet from anywhere. They also have motion sensors that trigger the record mode and the night view is very clear.

Surprise, surprise, our buildings and contents insurance doesn't cover the quad because it's motorised. Had it been a push bike, or anything else we could have claimed, so does that mean we couldn't claim for a motorised lawn mower? We pay £800 a year for our insurance yet it seems not everything is covered! When we had the push bike stolen before Christmas, we didn't claim and I'm now wishing we had, though the bike cost £300 and the quad cost us £1,350. :roll:

I really sympythise with you caz i hope they catch the b*********s .I am warsop born and bread just like you and remember the days where we left our doors open without anything happening.Its just there is no disipline nowdays soon as most of the kids go upto comprehensive schools the attitude begins.
top gun
Lite Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 am

rivet an hasp and lock onto the fridge and put a combination lock on it
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Thanks TG. Until the last year, we've been lucky to have had no trouble here at all, but four times in one year is just too much.

Moaner, we thought about putting a lock on the fridge, but it's still a temptation and it's probably best out of the way, then they won't come over and steal other things they just happen to see. Unfortunately, we won't be able to use our deck as we wanted but it's not the end of the world. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tania » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:11 pm

We have just retuned from an aboslutely fantasic weekend at RAF Waddington to find that some kind person or should that be b******d has helped themselves to the contents of our garden shed so I'm feeling a bit like you Sis :twisted:

Everything was locked up but they have taken the locks off! So anyone who bought a lawn mower, hedge trimer, strimmmer or leaf vac at the car boot this morning THEY ARE OURS! :twisted:
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 pm

So sorry to hear that Tan. I know exactly how you must be feeling. :twisted:

Hope you reported it to the police!!

I hope your insurance pays up on the motorised items, unlike ours! :roll: We invested a couple of hundred quid on cameras and haven't had anyone over our garden since we put them up. I'm hoping it's a deterant, though it's only two weeks since the last incident so I'm not holding my breath.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tania » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Yes I reported it to the police they were very helpful and suggested sending someone out to take finger prints but I told them I think it would be a waste of their time. At least they have a record of the crime, we bang on about this don't we Caz?
REORT THE CRIME EVERYTIME - Hey what a slogan!
Just hope the insurance company are going to be as helpful!
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 pm

They'll certainly be helpful when they increase your policy.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Digger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Wow, Caz, that seems a lot for house & contents insurance!
I wish I was fishing
Digger
Lifetime Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:52 pm

My insurance rocketed this year and went up 14% but it was still "only" £632. this was a blanket 500k on buildings and a blanket 50k on contents.
This also included personal belongings away from home as i can usually carry a lot of camera gear,
Domestic emergency cover and legal cover.

This was with Saga..........yes i am an old bu****r :lol:
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Community Watch