Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

RIP

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

RIP

Postby BigAl » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:56 am

To the NHS :D time to get private medical insurance peeps. ;)
Not be long now before it's all private use and doctors start charging for a consultation :x
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Re: RIP

Postby Westmorland » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:00 pm

The NHS can not continue as it is

Due to medical advances people are living longer, life threatening conditions can now be treated or controlled

There is alot a of of misuse of the NHS particularly A and E were its being used as an alternative to seeing a GP putting extra pressure on it sometimes for very minor complaints such as colds

No matter how much extra millions are given to the NHS it will always need more to pay for advancements of treatments and new medication

The NHS has to stay free at source for everyone as we pay our NI contributions, but the elephant in the room is, should we be pay a little extra in NI contributions to fund it e,g an extra one percent ?

Its always going to be a very contentious question as we look for an answer to the problem
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 am

A consultation fee every time you see a doctor is one way of doing it and it works. People don't seem to go to doctors / hospital for minor things if it's going to cost a tenner. The government seem to prefer the creation of an extra tax to cover the deficit but 18 million is a lot and it's going to get worse. Now it looks as though closing facilities in a lot of places is going to happen as well. Then there is the " Brexit" factor to come, if it goes the way brexiteers want you are going to loose a lot of medical staff as well. It's a real shambles and not sustainable. I can see it going the way of America where you pay for treatment or have private insurance.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:48 am

In the 1970s Mansfield had a number of decaying old hospital buildings which included

Mansfield General
Kings Mill
Victoria Hospital
Harlow Wood
Forest
Newstead
Ransom
Langwith Lodge
Debdale Recovery Hospital

We now have two very modern hospitals in Mansfield/Sutton. Kings Mill which is now about as large as Nottingham City Hospital and offering extensive new services and treatments and the two ward Community Hospital

Around the area there has also over the last 30 years been a major re building of local hospitals including new modern hospitals at

Nottingham
Chesterfield
Worksop
Newark

The problem is people are living alot longer and the system is near to breaking point

One of the major issues in bed blocking and releasing elderly patients who are medically well back home or into a nursing home

Alot of people nowadays don't want to take responsibility for their relatives and believe its the states problem and just put them in care homes straight from hospital.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:33 am

Another way of easing the situation is to get rid of a lot of the non medical staff. All these " managers and supervisors and other employees hanging about making decisions on how things are to be run while not being able to do anything on the medical front is costing millions. Staff shortages could well be resolved if all staff at the hospital's were medically trained and worked on the wards and departments instead of sitting at desks trying to create a reason for them keeping their jobs. But it seems the government is hell bent on destruction of the system and privatisation that common sense has gone out of the window.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Mustaine » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:42 pm

There's a lot of wasted money in the NHS. I worked in the NHS for 30 years. About 5 years ago the Trust I worked for got a firm of auditors in - KPMG no less - must have been very expensive! Their aim was to have a good sort out, re-evaluate jobs, etc. In the whole Trust I know of just a few staff who were offered redundancy - the nursery workers in the staff crèche (crèche moved to another hospital within the Trust) and the laundry (this was out-sourced). The only person who I was aware did lose his job was my own consultant. He was a true gent, well liked, an expert in his field, had a very good reputation and was also an ex-military surgeon. Only in his mid-50's - no-one could make any sense of it. Yet our department still had a supervisor who was managed by a middle manager who was managed by a departmental manager. It's true that the NHS could not function without admin staff but there are definitely, in my opinion, too many managers.
Mustaine
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:52 pm

NHS Financial Challenges - Have Your Say
To take part in making decisions about the
services we continue to fund and to enable us to
still afford to provide high quality care services for
our local population, you are invited to attend a
meeting taking place on Thursday 29th Sept,
1 – 2.30pm at Warsop Town Hall,
Westmorland