Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Council Tax

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Council Tax

Postby Westmorland » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Nice to see Mansfield District Council will not be putting up the council tax

There is no reason whats so ever that Warsop parish Council would need to raise the precept

so that just leaves Notts County Council and the Police and Fire Authority
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Council Tax

Postby Tomas Drouty » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Warsop Parish have likewise done a nil increase.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:15 pm

lets hope they do not spend any more money on websites that they seem incapable of updating

Last council minutes on the Parish Council website are from November!!! and the Warsop News page hasn't been updated since November either

So much for transparency!!!!!
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:07 am

You might be showing a cached image of the website. Warsop News section is definitely up to date (try passing F5).

As for the minutes and agendas they're sent to the webmaster to upload.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 pm

nope its not a cache and no the Warsop News was not up to date until they were uploaded last night

Things have gone down hill since Tania left
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Notts county council have announced the largest council tax increase from over the last 10 years. How then can Mansfield and Warsop have no increase ? I am struggling to understand this as I always believed NCC took most of my council tax followed by Mansfield with Warsop getting the dregs. Could someone please explain this for me ?
Thanks.
confused.com :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Notts County Council is labour which equals massive tax rises

Mansfield is MIF who able to live within a budget and provide excellent services for the local community

The other council is not even worth mentioning :roll: :roll:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: but it aint answering my question ;)
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:50 pm

BigAl wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: but it aint answering my question ;)

Notts County Council have raised their tax at 1.99%

Mansfield District Council could have increased their council tax which they would have done separably to NCC,

example

NCC 1.99%
MDC 1%

The total increase would be 2.99%
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:34 pm

So you are saying that Warsop and Mansfield residents have to pay 1.99% more in council tax although where they live is not increasing payments or improving services and they have to pay for the residents of the NCC area ?
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:17 pm

BigAl wrote:So you are saying that Warsop and Mansfield residents have to pay 1.99% more in council tax although where they live is not increasing payments or improving services and they have to pay for the residents of the NCC area ?

as we are all part of Nottinghamshire we should in theory benefit from the increase but yes you are correct
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Warsop residents live within the remit of 3 councils: Notts County, Mansfield District and Warsop Parish

Each council precepts an amount of council tax.

Both the District and Parish councils have budgeted for the forthcoming year's expenditure and concluded that the services they provide can be achieved with the same amount of council tax as the 2015/6 financial year. Therefore a nil percent rise.

Notts County have concluded they need to increase their share by 1.99% in order to maintain or improve the services they offer. They have stated a 1.99% rise because any rise above 2% has to go through a public consultation and referendum.

Parish / Town councils currently do not have a cap on the rises they can levy - but that is expected to change so that they too fall under the 2% rule.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Return to Warsop Chatter