Page 2 of 3

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:39 pm
by Westmorland
for answers to your questions DCJ I suggest you speak to the four local District Councillors or your 11 Parish Councillors

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:12 pm
by dcj
Westmorland wrote:for answers to your questions DCJ I suggest you speak to the four local District Councillors or your 11 Parish Councillors


We've tried but get the same answer every time "Its only a vision".

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:20 pm
by Caz
It is only a vision but visions are formulated as possible plans for the future. Many visions don't come to fruition but some do and they wouldn't have them if they didn't think they were viable solutions to their problems.

The thing is, councillors can't stop planning permission if none has been submitted but if objections are raised beforehand, they have an idea what opposition they'll be up against. Then it's important to watch for further developments. Even then, the planners will do what they think is right so there are no guarantees the vision/plans will be stopped, even if councillors object.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:06 pm
by dcj
Thanks for that Caz, helpful info. Shame the councillor who joined our group couldn't clarify that .
We are meeting with Alan Meale MP soon to air our concerns regarding the way MDC have handled things so far. If people who aren't on Facebook need the link for the online survey we have formed please let me know and I'll post it. Obviously I can't post the poll as it's on our Facebook page.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:27 pm
by Westmorland
Write to your individual District and Parish Councillor at their home address or to the Town Hall addresses can be found in the Warsop News and let them know your feelings and what support you expect from them.

Send the letter by recorded delivery so they can not say they didn't receive it

When you go to Parish Council meetings its often a case of they say what you want to hear, but you want firm action taking and the District Councillors have every opportunity to raise these issues at full council meetings at the Civic Centre on your behalf

Remember they are elected to serve YOU and you need to make them accountable to the electorate, they are not their by divine right

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:57 pm
by dcj
Westmorland wrote:Write to your individual District and Parish Councillor at their home address or to the Town Hall addresses can be found in the Warsop News and let them know your feelings and what support you expect from them.

Send the letter by recorded delivery so they can not say they didn't receive it

When you go to Parish Council meetings its often a case of they say what you want to hear, but you want firm action taking and the District Councillors have every opportunity to raise these issues at full council meetings at the Civic Centre on your behalf

Remember they are elected to serve YOU and you need to make them accountable to the electorate, they are not their by divine right


Thankyou. This is the aim of the poll and survey we are carrying out. Something to present to them as well as a local mp who we have arranged to meet. We have been told they will listen to the people of Warsop although we aren't sure if they'll listen to the 100 plus people who put in official objections on the consultation page or the people who havent said anything ,whether theyre aware of the plans or not.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:12 am
by dcj
Just to let anyone who didn't go know that Pegasus intend to get Planning Application in by June or July at the latest for the Sookholme Developments. Despite MDC claiming the developers will assist in the regeneration of Warsop ,they said on Tuesday that Warsop Town Centre is not their concern but they are putting money forward to the reopening of the train line as a passenger line. Hopefully this will bring more shoppers into a town with its variety of empty shops or maybe it will just send people straight past to Ollerton etc. They also plan to look at the widening of the Vale Avenue junction on the A60 to cope with a minimum 400 to maybe 800 extra cars using Vale Avenue. So how much of the banking they plan to take out we don't know as I cant see them shutting Warsop Motors down. Affordable housing will be around £120,000 ,so not very affordable.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:11 pm
by Caz
That's interesting but I don't think widening the junction of Vale Avenue will make any difference. The problem is at Woodhouse, with the pedestrian crossing near the Black Swan and everything backs up from there. It's the sheer volume of traffic on the A60 trying to get into Mansfield at rush hour that is the problem. It's bad now, so more traffic from Warsop will just make it worse and there's not a lot they can do about that.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:19 am
by mikeC
Caz wrote:... so more traffic from Warsop will just make it worse and there's not a lot they can do about that.

Hence the interest in re-opening the railway line: it's not going to bring many shoppers into the town, but it may well encourage Nottingham commuters to buy into the new estate. That will keep the Mansfield road traffic down, and 'co-incidentally' increase the potential value of the new housing.

Cynical? Me?

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:15 am
by dcj
Caz wrote:That's interesting but I don't think widening the junction of Vale Avenue will make any difference. The problem is at Woodhouse, with the pedestrian crossing near the Black Swan and everything backs up from there. It's the sheer volume of traffic on the A60 trying to get into Mansfield at rush hour that is the problem. It's bad now, so more traffic from Warsop will just make it worse and there's not a lot they can do about that.


Interesting that traffic congestion in Warsop town centre doesn't get a mention here.....

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:17 am
by dcj
mikeC wrote:
Caz wrote:... so more traffic from Warsop will just make it worse and there's not a lot they can do about that.

Hence the interest in re-opening the railway line: it's not going to bring many shoppers into the town, but it may well encourage Nottingham commuters to buy into the new estate. That will keep the Mansfield road traffic down, and 'co-incidentally' increase the potential value of the new housing.

Cynical? Me?



So a big win win for the developers..................and no-one else.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:39 am
by Caz
Developers always win and with the rate the Sookholme proposals are advancing, I'd say it's been discussed behind locked doors long before we heard anything about it.

It's interesting that the term 'regeneration' keeps being used, yet there is no commitment or plan for where the regeneration comes into it, other than 'supporting' the opening of the train station, which has already been the subject of discussion and support by other groups for the past few years. We don't have the infrastructure or services to serve the population of Warsop now and with 400 new houses the population could increase by over 10%.

If there's a demand for housing, there are plenty of empty and derelict buildings they could renovate and there are brownfield sites they could build on but small scale work isn't as appealing or profitable to developers. It's all about making money!

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:45 am
by dcj
Developers win if people sit back and let them win. It's clear now MDC have lied about Harworth Estates owning the fields as Harworth Estates have said themselves it still belongs to the original landowners. As a group Let Warsop Speak have now delivered over 1500 leaflets in the Warsop area (more than the planners) with a further 2000 yet to be delivered. We have also as a group consulted with more people than MDC did with their publication consultation ( we have found out over 50% of the public we consulted knew nothing about MDCs local plan). So not a very public consultatation at all.

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:08 pm
by Caz
Just in case people missed it on the previous page. Here's the link to the Let Warsop Speak page https://www.facebook.com/groups/945197002239621/

Re: MDC Draft Local Plan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:48 pm
by dcj
Caz wrote:Just in case people missed it on the previous page. Here's the link to the Let Warsop Speak page https://www.facebook.com/groups/945197002239621/


Thankyou Caz.

And that should have read consultation in my last post :D