Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

one opens and one closes

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

one opens and one closes

Postby Westmorland » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:36 pm

the new Delhi cafe has opened in the former garage on Church Street, yet Cosy Cafe on Clumber St has closed, so Warsop hasn't really benefited from the new cafe opening as we still have another empty shop in Warsop
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: one opens and one closes

Postby Caz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:45 pm

I think the reason the Cosy Café closed was something to do with the landlord. That's a big problem with a lot of commercial premises in Warsop, the landlords seem to live out of the area and make it difficult for businesses to stay.

I hope the new café makes a go of it and I wish them all the success.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Caz wrote:I think the reason the Cosy Café closed was something to do with the landlord. That's a big problem with a lot of commercial premises in Warsop, the landlords seem to live out of the area and make it difficult for businesses to stay.

I hope the new café makes a go of it and I wish them all the success.

I have been past the cafe at the top of the Carrs twice today, and both times there were quite a few customers in, so hopefully it will grow to be a very successful business.

I also noticed that there was someone selling burgers etc on the car park near the mill dam.

The owners of the premises where the Cozy Cafe was sited are the same ones that own the row of shops next to it on Sherwood Street, as well as a couple of other shops on Sherwood Street, along with the two shops on Clumber Street, where the pet shop and flower shops were.

Hopefully, they will all be sold at auction now that they are all empty.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

one of the Landlords has gone bankrupt

personally I would like to see the shops from the side of the Chemist to the corner demolished and two new large stone built single storey buildings built
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:22 pm

It's such a pity the same landlord owns so many of our shops!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:00 am

"along with the two shops on Clumber Street, where the pet shop and flower shops were".

Has Eric closed his pet shop :?: :?:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Wizard » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 am

BigAl wrote:"along with the two shops on Clumber Street, where the pet shop and flower shops were".

Has Eric closed his pet shop :?: :?:

Yes he has Al .

Eric was on about retiring anyway.
I think having such a short lease on the shop had a lot to do with it.
He couldn't sell the shop, as no one in their right mind would buy a business when they could be shut down within months as the lease expired.

The owner of all the shops mentioned previously went into liquidation, and the receivers wouldn't allow any of the shops be re-let, despite quite a few requests from people who were willing to try and set up a business in Warsop.
I think because all the shops on their books are now vacant, they will be put up for auction as a job lot.

I know of at least 3 people who were in these shops who wanted to buy them from the receivers, but they were all turned down.
It seems like as the shops lease ended, the receivers refused to re-new them, until eventually all the shops were closed and left empty.
The Cozy Cafe was the last one to close.

I just hope that whoever buys them doesn't try charging high rents for them, because they will never get anyone to rent them out
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:59 am

Unlucky for some :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby nettshubby » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:33 am

My wife and I went to the Java cafe to try it out this week, and though the food was good, it was expensive! We had a panini, jacket potato, 2 cake slices and two coffes, which came to about £20!
However, our main gripe was the way they serve and charge for this. We had to order coffe from one counter, plus surcharge for eating in, and food from another counter, plus another charge for eating in! We expected having to pay another surcharge when we ordered the cake but didn't have to!
This needs changeing, sureley there should be the facility to order everything from one counter, after all they are right next to each other! And one surcharge, which I suppose is to cover the treck they have to make to bring the order to your table!
The older I get, the faster I was.
nettshubby
Lite Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter