Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Proposed Sookhome Solar Farm

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Proposed Sookhome Solar Farm

Postby Caz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:20 pm

What used to be a pit tip at Warsop Vale has been mainly flattened and is now a nature reserve. Fortunately, someone else got there before the solar farmers did!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Well I can truly say the solar farm at Meden vale look sort or ok'ish but I have figured out the main problem. :D I have been here a week now and have not seen the sun yet :lol: maybe some powerful lights might help :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby derekza1979 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Though tax relief for those, who were supposed to install solar panels, was launched, the government decided to cut it in 2015. There are different opinions concerning the necessity of renewable energy subsidies.
On the one hand, some politicians along with ecologists believe that environmental conditions require more efficient power generation. However, their opponents in the government along with those companies, which use oil or coal to produce energy, that these subsidies are burdening British budget and have no appropriate effect.
Taxation relief was supposed to help householders to save significant sums. At the same time, this politics were to give results in several years, not immediately. Alternative energy sector is not the one to give profit at once. It requires significant capital injections and investments first. After a decade, this taxation strategy was expected to cause changes in energy production structure in terms of renewables share increase.
However, the government failed this plan saying that taxation relief was not up to date. Some politician along with energy minister state that subsidies for renewable energy has led to budget overspent. In this case, they are criticized by their opponents to have taken decision to cut subsidies pursuing political aims. Read more at
{edited} - commercial link removed
derekza1979
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue May 31, 2016 8:23 pm

I understand that plans for the solar farm at Sookholme have been rejected today. Congratulations to all those who fought this.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter