Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Warsopians remember to vote

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Warsopians remember to vote

Postby Mustaine » Sat May 16, 2015 8:13 pm

As most will know, Zero hours Contracts aren't a new thing at all, just re-named. I've worked on this basis on and off in the NHS for years. Even as far back as the 1980's they were known as ad-hoc contracts and as a working mum with 3 children this arrangement suited me just fine. I was still able to add to my NHS pension, pay NI and tax for any hours worked. I had flexibility with holidays and tried to work around the children when I could. This was my choice and I had the opportunity to be made permanent on many occasions but while the children were young I chose to remain on this arrangement. Obviously when they were older I was employed on a permanent contract, not without its pitfalls though, eg, fighting to book time off more than a year in advance! As Caz says, it certainly isn't one size fits all. I've also taken early retirement from the NHS by choice and am now back on a zero hours contact with a private company which again fits in perfectly with my life.
Mustaine
Lite Registered User

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter