Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Nisa

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Nisa

Postby focus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:49 am

Westmorland wrote:
focus wrote:THERE IS A PLANNING APPLICATION FOR AN SAINSBURY'S SUPERMARKET ON THE OLD EASTWOOD SITE. THIS GOES BEFORE WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL AT THERE MEETING ON MONDAY SEPTEMBER 21.
if warsp parish council regret it. as a member of mansfield district councils scrutiny panel i will ask mansfield district council to have the warsop parish council abolished

I think you are a little confused Focus

A representative of Sainburys is coming to the Council meeting on Monday to give a presentation about the proposed NETTO supermarket they want to build on the former Eastwoods site

The Parish Council are very supportive of any application by a major supermarket to build in Warsop and have been actively encouraging it by writing to all the major supermarkets to advise them of the potential of building in Warsop

The Parish Council have no actual power over planning applications as these are the decision if the planning committee/department at Mansfield District Council

Also what gives you the right as one person to ask on behalf of a population of 15000 that a democratic body such as Warsop Parish Council be abolished......sour grapes perhaps?

first netto netto is a danish supermarket taken over by sainsburys to take on aldi and lidi. in the business world there called sister companies. the same as nisa and the coop

second about this time last year the people of the warsop area decided to now longer shop in the nisa store . right in the middle of a store review. the coop group made the decision the shop was no longer profitable and closed it

third as a resident of warsop nothing gives me a right to aboiish warsop parish council. as they are volunter cooperated council working with mansfield district council . as a member of the mansfield district council scrutiny panel i can
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:59 am

Netto is the store that is being proposed to be built and a member of Sainsburys is coming to discuss this at Mondays parish Council meeting. Any member of the public is welcome to attend

6 members of the Parish Council were elected by the people of Warsop that is called democracy Focus

six members were co-opted on due to not enough people standing at the election and you yourself put your name forward to be co -opted on but didnt get elected

you have NO power at all Focus to abolish Warsop Parish Council......we work within democracy which appears to be more that you want to do

Mansfield District Council would hit the national press all for the wrong reasons if this was ever proposed especially as the government want to devolve more local powers to local people and that includes the hundreds of Parish Councils across the country
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Westmorland is absolutely correct.

Mansfield District Council and any residents 'scrutiny' panels have absolutely no jurisdiction over WPC.

We do receive periodic visits from the Standards board which is a national ombudsman and the representatives that come are normally from MDC.

Residents do however have the ultimate right every 4 years in the elections - and rightly so!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Westmorland wrote:
six members were co-opted on due to not enough people standing at the election and you yourself put your name forward to be co -opted on but didnt get elected

now let me take you back to march this year .
that is when i put my name fourwood for warsop paeish council. at that time. i was in contact with councillor moody. he told me the parish council add objection off a member of mansfield district councils scrutiny panel one day been a warsop parish concillor.
now we farst forward to june's cooperation night at warsop parish council .
councillor wettion told me i was a warsop parish councllor. but will not be called to council. but they will wright to me when needed .so can someone please tell me what is going on
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't think Councillor Moody would have said something like that - he knows very well how the council works and is not in the business of giving out false information.

Councillor Wetton would not have been able to state anybody was a councillor apart from those that were elected. He perhaps meant that if a vacancy were to arise in the future - he'd be in touch.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby focus » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:13 am

Tomas Drouty wrote:I don't think Councillor Moody would have said something like that - he knows very well how the council works and is not in the business of giving out false information.

Councillor Wetton would not have been able to state anybody was a councillor apart from those that were elected. He perhaps meant that if a vacancy were to arise in the future - he'd be in touch.
i know he will he will take his time. i am still waiting for the chairman to get back to me from 2002 2006 2010. it seames strange that warsop parish council do not want me . yet mansfield district council do. after all i lived hear from when i was born
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:07 am

focus wrote:
Tomas Drouty wrote:I don't think Councillor Moody would have said something like that - he knows very well how the council works and is not in the business of giving out false information.

i know he will he will take his time. i am still waiting for the chairman of warsop parish council to get back to me from 2002 2006 2010. it seams strange that warsop parish council do not want me . yet mansfield district council do. after all i lived hear from when i was born
i have been with mansfield district council on and off from 1976.that was after someting to do with meden school in 2001 warsop parish council asked me if i was interested in joning them but as you can see nothing as every happened it's is about time someone sorted this out . after all i am not getting any younger.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikeC » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:02 am

focus wrote:
first netto netto is a danish supermarket taken over by sainsburys to take on aldi and lidi. in the business world there called sister companies. the same as nisa and the coop

second about this time last year the people of the warsop area decided to now longer shop in the nisa store . right in the middle of a store review. the coop group made the decision the shop was no longer profitable and closed it...

Check your facts, focus!

Nisa is a consortium of independent retailers (like the Mace stores) and is not, and never has been, connected with the Co-op (except for aborted talks about a take-over by the Co-op in 2005). Your confusion may be over the term co-operative being used to describe the Nisa operation, but this is not the same as the company that we know as The Co-op.

Co-op inherited the lease for the Warsop store when they took over Somerfield in 2009; they sub-let the store to Mills (a member of the Nisa 'co-operative'). It was Mills who took the decision to close the Warsop store, allegedly because the Co-op had increased the rent to an unsustainable level. Similarly, it seems that the Co-op has put restrictions on the sale of food products on any new sub-let, which has been the cause of the delay in the Boyes store opening.

The Co-op have certainly not been helpful with the situation in Warsop, but they did not 'make the decision' to close the Mills/Nisa outlet.
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:22 pm

well done Warsop Parish Council for all your hard work in getting Netto to propose plans for building a store in Warsop, we realise there is still along way to go yet, but without Warsop council writing to all the supermarket chains, then we wouldn't even be at this stage
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:49 pm

I was quite looking forward to seeing the end of line food products on the shelves at Boyes, but it seems the Co-op is sticking its oar in again because it obviously wants the monopoly on food sales in Warsop. I think it might be a good thing to have a Netto on the old Eastwoods site, not just so I can shop there but to give the Co-op a run for its money as well. I hope talks go well on Monday.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:53 pm

focus wrote:
Westmorland wrote:

now let me take you back to march this year .
that is when i put my name fourwood for warsop paeish council. at that time. i was in contact with councillor moody. he told me the parish council add objection off a member of mansfield district councils scrutiny panel one day been a warsop parish concillor.
now we farst forward to june's cooperation night at warsop parish council .
councillor wettion told me i was a warsop parish councllor. but will not be called to council. but they will wright to me when needed .so can someone please tell me what is going on

focus, this thread is about Nisa, not about the Parish Council and it's the wrong place to air your grievance. Please can we stick to the topic.
Thank you.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter