Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

A BETTER LOOKING VILLAGE ?....

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

A BETTER LOOKING VILLAGE ?....

Postby mikkimack » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:14 pm

What about putting in a few trees with black painted tree protectors ..along the shopping streets of Warsop...I have seen many similar villages where the local authority have taken such action and it really enhances the whole area...shop fronts have been painted or washed down....windows cleaned..and so on.....just a thought...?.
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Re: A BETTER LOOKING VILLAGE ?....

Postby Caz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:04 am

The problem with planting trees is that our pavements are too narrow.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mikkimack » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Caz,
yes....I agree mostly....but possibly a couple or three locations might be suitable....here and there....or perhaps do something else to improve things visually...................sounds a small thing I know...but the "railings" at the Town Hall crossing area, for example, could do with a wash !...and repainted different colours ? The car park next to Co-op ? the boundary wall area all the way along could do with a good sort out.....??....
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Scrooges and a couple of other shops need a coat of paint and a tidy up :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby focus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:34 am

why not put that wallpaper on the empty shops in warsop TOWN center. like they have in mansfield
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 am

There are too many empty shops in Warsop, due mainly to the owner of them going into receivership, and the Agent acting for them not re-letting the shops.
On Sherwood Street, the same company owns at least five of the empty shops, and despite people asking the receivers if they could buy or rent them, the answer has always been a resounding "No" !
All they say is that they have not been instructed to sell the shops or rent them out.
They will eventually be sold at auction, but at the moment Warsop looks a sad place to shop.
There are also a couple of buildings on the High Street that could do with a bit of tidying up as well, although I must admit that the computer shop have made a really good job of renovating the old fishing tackle shop next to the Library.
The down side of it is that it has now left the 4 shops opposite Bargain Booze on Sherwood Street empty, as the Tattoo Shop has now moved to the shop near the traffic lights on Church Street.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:19 pm

I think you've hit the nail on the head Wiz.

The biggest problem is 'absent landlords', who don't care what their properties look like as long as they're getting the rent and they usually live miles away, so the effect on the community doesn't matter to them. We had the same problem with empty and unsightly houses and Mansfield District Council had a policy to get absent landlords to clean up their act.

Unfortunately, when a landlord goes bust and their business is in receivership, everything is put on hold.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Chatter