Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Carnival 2014

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Carnival 2014

Postby Caz » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Well done to all who organised this year's carnival. I thought the parade was really good with so much more than previous years. I watched it from Spencer's corner and the procession stopped just as the band reached us, so they did a bit of a display marching up and down, until they got moving again. I thought that was a really nice touch. Well done to the band and well done to all those who decorated the lovely floats.

Unfortunately, I'm not very mobile at the moment due to a sprained ankle, so I didn't get to walk around on the Carrs but I did manage to get as far as a bench on the tarmac path to watch the parachute team and I was really grateful for the bottle of water handed to me by a member of the Big Local team. Giving away bottled water was a very good idea!!!

I sat on my back garden this evening and listened to Ferocious Dog playing, which is something I really regret missing. I'm so pleased the carnival committee decided to have a local band headlining on the music stage because I think our carnival should be about supporting everything local and I can imagine Ferocious Dog pulled the crowds.

Once again. Well done to all the volunteers who made our annual carnival possible. :D
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Chatter