Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Cllr Derek Evans

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Cllr Derek Evans

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Cllr Derek Evans, MDC ward councillor for Netherfield (Meden Vale) and Warsop Parish Councillor has sadly passed away.

Derek was still actively serving his community until just a fortnight ago when he visited the hospital with illness. Sadly he was diagnosed with advanced cancer last Friday and passed away on Tuesday 27th May.

As a mark of respect to a serving councillor, the flag is being flown at half mast on Warsop Town Hall.

I personally didn't agree with his political persuasion and wasn't convinced when he joined the council, but I am more than happy to admit I was wrong. Derek was a trooper who would do things for the community he lived in. Not only has he been a councillor but like many others he has volunteered his time and efforts by sitting on various other committees and organisations. Derek was a doer and will be missed by many organisations that he helped over the last few years.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Re: Cllr Derek Evans

Postby BigAl » Wed May 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Sad news, Derek was a friend who i used to garden with on the allotments, Rest in peace my old friend.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Wed May 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Sad news indeed. My sincere condolences to his family.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Kev@Shine » Wed May 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Really sorry to hear the news of Derek's passing.

Derek was a big help to Shine and I was really pleased when he came along to a session at Unit 2000 and chatted with the young people there. Local councillors are often the unsung heroes of this community and I know that a lot of their work goes unnoticed and unreported. The press, web and Facebook are sometimes used to direct anonymous criticism at them. What a pretty thankless task being a councillor must be sometimes.

I, for one, appreciate their efforts and I would like to thank Derek (and of course Christine) for the many hours he dedicated to the people of this parish.

Kev Keegan
Kev@Shine
Lite Registered User

Postby focus » Fri May 30, 2014 6:33 am

it is sad news about councilor derdk evens . i have helped the councilor with local isues as an community councilor. he will be sadly missed.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter