Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Warsop Neighbourhood Plan

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Warsop Neighbourhood Plan

Postby Garth Throstle » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:35 pm

It has been suggested that we could get together a small focus group of people with a range of environmental and heritage interests that could meet with the consultant for the Neighbourhood Plan for Warsop.

If you would like to influence the plan or know anybody who would like to be involved please message me. It has been suggested that a meeting could be held on Wednesday 16 April at 2:00 pm.

I feel that it is important that the remarkable landscape of Warsop is recognised in the plan and our special habitats are acknowledged. Warsop's potential as a gateway to Sherwood Forest could also be promoted to the benefit of the whole community.
Garth Throstle
Lite Registered User

Re: Warsop Neighbourhood Plan

Postby mikkimack » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Re..plan....any takers yet ??
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:58 pm

I haven't heard anything about the focus group but the plan is in the making and is generally referred to in the Parish Council Meeting minutes.

http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/articles/par ... may14.html
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 am

Caz wrote:I haven't heard anything about the focus group but the plan is in the making and is generally referred to in the Parish Council Meeting minutes.

http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/articles/par ... may14.html

just to let the forum know i have not heard anything. but going on last time i did this. this is nothing new.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Garth Throstle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 pm

The 'focus group' meeting to discuss the Warsop Parish Neighbourhood Plan took place on April 16. Five of us with environmental/heritage interests attended. Rather than an opportunity to formulate our ideas, we were joined by two consultants who are involved with the plan, three representative of Mansfield DC and one district councillor!

Despite being told that we could realistically only hope to influence the location and style of the 400 new homes allocated to be built in the parish before 2031 we broadened the discussion and communicated some of the reasons why we believe that Warsop is such a significant area. We tried to put across the significant landscape areas (the River Meden corridor, the Thynghowe Viking Heritage Landscape (a description that originated from within MDC!), the Clipstone Park boundary area, the ancient woodlands to north and west of the parish and the post industrial landscapes of our three pit tips, yards and sidings. The belts of countryside separating the five main villages of the parish were also highlighted. We mentioned the parish's potential as gateway to Sherwood Forest (and also to the Mansfield District) and the importance of preserving the character of the area in order to maximise the tourism potential as well as for the well-being of residents. We did not have the opportunity to move on to communication links, energy issues or employment potential!

It is difficult to avoid a sense of NIMBYism, but when our patch contains 56% of the total number of ancients woodlands, SSSIs, Sites of Local Conservation Value and RIGs in the whole Mansfield area we feel we need to avoid the risk of devaluing an asset for the whole district. I realise that we may wishing to go beyond the bounds of a neighbourhood plan but if our vision can be communicated we may be able to influence some decisions.

Another focus group meeting was suggested but I have heard nothing yet.
Garth Throstle
Lite Registered User

Postby focus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:25 pm

if you are going to have a neighborhood plan. at the next meeting invit the people along . not just some of your friends.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Garth Throstle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:55 pm

May I refer you to the first post in this strand!

If you would like to influence the plan or know anybody who would like to be involved please message me.
Garth Throstle
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 pm

focus wrote:if you are going to have a neighborhood plan. at the next meeting invit the people along . not just some of your friends.

It's not a case of 'if we're going to have a neighbourhood plan', we have to have one and it's up to the council's to formulate the plan.

Anyone can set up a focus group to contribute to the plan and Garth is a volunteer who took it upon himself to do just that. It's up to each individual to make an effort to do something if they feel the need but it would be so much better if all those with an interest sang from the same hymn sheet. It's just not productive to pull down the efforts of those who actually do something.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mr50p » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Well said caz :D
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter