Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Warsop Fire Station Under Threat.

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Warsop Fire Station Under Threat.

Postby Gazzer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi all,

Unfortunately we are here again.

Due to more government cuts, Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service is having to review it's operational fire cover and support services.

A purposal is currently being put together by the Chief Fire Officer to present to the Fire Authority, and in terms of operational cover the following stations/appliances will be put before them for review.

- Mansfield Retained
- Warsop Retained
- Collingham Retained
- Central Wholetime
- Highfields Wholetime
- Stockhill Wholetime

Just to make it clear, the Wholetime Fire Stations mentioned above are 2 pump stations and both pumps are manned by full time firefighters. Warsop and Collingham are standalone Retained Community Fire Stations. Mansfield Retained is the second pump at the fire station.

It is not clear which appliances and services will be lost, however it has been made very clear that appliances will be lost by the end of 2014. Petitions and Posters are currently in the process of being distributed, this includes online and social media.

When further information is released I will keep you updated.
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader
Support & Development Team Leader

Re: Warsop Fire Station Under Threat.

Postby Westmorland » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 pm

so much for the new Labour Controlled County Council
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:37 pm

We knew this would happen again before long and we knew we'd only got a temporary reprieve last time. We also knew we'd be prepared to fight again when necessary. Keep us informed Gaz.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:36 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:so much for the new Labour Controlled County Council

It is not the county council it is the Fire Authority.

2 separate entities!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:41 pm

The Fire Authority is made up of 12 County Councillors and 6 Nottingham City Councillors, so the County Council can block any closures if they reallu wanted to, I hope our County Councillor will resign if the closures go through

http://www.notts-fire.gov.uk/52613CD59F ... 561118.asp
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

If you are looking for some councillors with "balls" then i wish you good luck. :D
I'm pretty sure that is an extinct species :)

How many more people are going to have to suffer or die because of the cuts :?:

The one thing that stands out across the board is that the north of the country is being stripped to supply the south.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby mikeC » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 am

BigAl wrote:...The one thing that stands out across the board is that the north of the country is being stripped to supply the south.

Nothing new there, then ;)
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Big Warsop » Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 am

Please see our article on this subject on the Big Warsop website http://bigwarsop.co.uk/?p=836.

The consultation has now commenced and Big Warsop would encourage anyone with views on this topic to make them known to NFRS and their local councillors at the very least.
Big Warsop
Lite Registered User

Facebook: www.facebook.com/thebigwarsop
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bigwarsop

Postby Caz » Mon May 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I have read the consultation document and I've filled in the survey. I'd urge everyone to do the same as it may make a difference. It's only very short and doesn't take long to complete.

http://www.notts-fire.gov.uk/Consultation_2014_web.pdf

However, my own thoughts are that it's a load of rubbish!!! The survey asks more questions relating to personal circumstances than to opinions on the proposed cuts. After spending time reading the proposals, they could have at least let me have my say. There is no opportunity to say why you've given your answer and nowhere to give additional information. I think the results will be skewed because nobody can answer in an unbiased way and my own answers were not as black and white as they'll appear. Of course we all want to save the service most local to us, but I'd also like to say that if one of the Mansfield engines is being cut as well as Warsop, then our local cover will suffer two fold.

I'd have also liked the opportunity to say that the savings made by closing Warsop would be minimal as it's a retained station. Greater savings can be made by reducing the number of full time engines in favour of retained.

The proposal document cannot be as black and white as it's written. Although it gives a good indication of the reduction in incidents, it doesn't say how serious the incidents are and whether the seriousness, or threat to life has changed over the past ten years. I think that's an important fact that is missing. Also, where stations have two engines, it gives the numbers of call-outs each engine has, but it doesn't say how many hours were spent at calls and how much of the time both engines were out at the same time. I think having that kind of information might make a big difference to my answers.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Fri May 30, 2014 6:21 am

warsop fire starion must be saved. mansfield edwinstowe are to far away to help. when i was a member of the focus group and citizen penal mamber last time it was under threat. it was only saved by sherwood forest being a sight of natural nterst. as far as i know nothing as changed. so it must be saved again.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri May 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Yes that's right Focus. But people have to speak up now or we will lose it.

One of the things I'd like to ask is 'how much is this consultation costing? Because they seem to have an awful lot of them and I know from experience that they are usually done by external companies at a great expense. If that's the case with this one, they should be ashamed of setting up such a pathetic questionnaire with such predictable answers. The results will depend on how many people from each area can be bothered to fill it in. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Fri May 30, 2014 6:48 pm

someting as crossed my mind . we bourt the town hall for a £1. if every thing falles and we can not save the fire srarion can we do the same thing. it will be like people paying for the air amberlance.
Last edited by focus on Fri May 30, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikeC » Fri May 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Great idea! There are plenty of old Green Goddesses out there which can be bought for peanuts; we;'ll soon be able to claim exemption from Council Tax!
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri May 30, 2014 11:08 pm

focus wrote:someting as crossed my mind . we bourt the town hall for a £1. if every thing falles and we can not save the fire srarion can we do the same thing. it will be like people paying for the air amberlance.

We didn't exactly buy the Town Hall for £1. It was more of an asset transfer and the reason we got it was that it originally belonged to the Warsop Urban District Council. MDC inherited it when they took over from WUDC but Warsop Parish Council were able to take it over again as they are a local authority in their own right.

It's a bit different with Fire Authorities. Warsop would have to become a fire authority in its own right and would have to comply with the Fire Service Regulations that apply to all authorities across the country and is increasing in costs, which is one of the reasons for the spending cuts.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Chatter