Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

How has everyone managed

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

How has everyone managed

Postby BigAl » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:12 pm

In all the wind and rain. Any damage or flooding in Warsop ?
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Re: How has everyone managed

Postby ELMER FUDD » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 am

We are blessed here in Warsop. When it comes to weather there is no place better in these islands. We never get it really bad. River high, a fence down here and there, a few tiles missing but around my area nothing to write home about.
As for the south and south-west, they have been badly hit. Shows politicians of all parties up for what they are though. A flood of meaningless words, the usual photo shoot of course but little practical usefulness.
Labour's Environment Agency with it's useless placeman Lord Smith in charge can be accused of blame for most of the floods because of the penny-pinching tactic of abandoning river dredging. The present shower of wasters should carry the can for tardiness in taking helpful action and the mealy mouthed talk of money being no object while neglecting to ask for financial help from the EU fund that' exists for such purpose.
While on the subject of aid, where is all the financial help from the rest of the world to whom Britain has always contributed so generously? To my knowledge, totally lacking.
I'm sure those thousands who are suffering such weather misery will be heartened to know that billions of their taxes are still being provided to keep foreign despots and their wives in the style to which they have become accustomed. Sad to say, the misfortunes rained on our southern neighbours are equally matched by the dross that infests Westminster.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Re: How has everyone managed

Postby Caz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:43 pm

I agree Elmer!

Yes, we're very lucky here in Warsop. We have suffered nothing at all compared to some parts of the country.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Chatter