Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Road Works

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Road Works

Postby Westmorland » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Does anyone know what the roadworks are outside the Church are for, they have been going on for about 2 weeks?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Road Works

Postby ELMER FUDD » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:45 am

Good Question Adrian. I've been asking that question for yonks, not about that particular one but all of them. I go out for a walk, turn a corner and there - a hole in the road. It wasn't there when I passed this way a few hours previously, I see no workmen about, it can be there for days, even weeks with nothing appearing to be going on. Then, suddenly it's gone. seemingly filled in by those invisible workers. But that's not true. I know this because I come across it again in another street. I'm convinced it's the same hole, moved around in the dead of night. It sometimes appears to be different but it's not, the dimensions may alter, there may be signs of a pipe or a cable lying at the bottom but that's a deliberate ruse to lull us into thinking that something important is being done. I wouldn't worry about it too much Adrian, it will only drive you as crazy as it has driven me over the years.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 pm

The road works have now been moved to outside the Town Hall, expect major delays during peak times
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikeC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:57 pm

But is it the same hole? I think we should be told :lol:
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:09 pm

I don't think it's the same hole because they dug the last one and buried it.

Anyway, getting out of Burns Lane is a bit of a nightmare with traffic backing up around Spencer's corner and up Sherwood Street from the traffic lights. :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mikeC » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:28 pm

What's going on at the Town Hall junction? I came through the temporary traffic lights this evening, and all the hardware for the permanent traffic lights have gone! We're not getting a mini roundabout, are we?
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 pm

I understand the work they're doing is to install new traffic signals, so I presume they're replacing the lights with new ones.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Chatter