Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Drunken mess

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Drunken mess

Postby twiggy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 pm

I was at the shirbrook xmas market today, and was having a lovely time, up intill I decided to ride the christmas train along with my mother and daughter.

The ride was lovely and the children were having fun, and then turns round a man dressed as an elf, aboard the tain to entertain the children.

Hes shouting and waving and jumping up and down, the train is bouncing around, and then just to realise..........HE WAS DRUNK!!!!! He absolutely reaked of alcohol, and whats even worse is, several people saw him drinking from a flask!!!!!!!!

How unprofessional, and dangerouse to think he was around children.

Its actually made me think what has the world come to......DRUNK ENTAERTAINERS AT CHILDRENS EVENTS ........REALLY!!!!! :x :roll:
Does anybody know who I raise my concerns too??

TIA
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Re: Drunken mess

Postby Westmorland » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 pm

I would raise it with Shirebrook Town Council and Bolsover District Council

Town Clerk - Jennifer Jeffrey, 54 Patchwork Row, Shirebrook, Derbyshire NG20 8AL Telephone 01623 742475, Fax 01623 742544.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Oh dear, that's not good. As Adrian says, your should raise the issue with Shirebrook council in the first instance, probably by letter and I'd also ask them who the event manager is and then let them know too.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:55 am

if this was in the town center of warsop we would have street wardens and cctv cameras to deal with this incident. in shirebrook as far as i know they will have the street wardens but whenever i have visited there town center i can never rembember seeing any cctv cameras over there but theres days we are so used to haveing them around we take no notice of them now
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:11 am

focus wrote:if this was in the town center of warsop we would have street wardens and cctv cameras to deal with this incident. in shirebrook as far as i know they will have the street wardens but whenever i have visited there town center i can never rembember seeing any cctv cameras over there but theres days we are so used to haveing them around we take no notice of them now

I know for sure that there is at least one CCTV camera situated on the market place in Shirebrook
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby focus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 pm

please may i just take this opportunity to take this topic in to a new direction

warsop christmas market is on the first thursday in december starting at about 4pm. is there any reasion why it can not be moved to the first saturday in december starting about midday on the same lines of our carnivel?
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby twiggy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 pm

thank you all for your replys.
I was looking for a PCSO.street warden, but not one in site.
I kept trying to approache the stewards in yellow vests, but not one was interested.
Its descusting.
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:14 pm

you should try Carlise that could give a Shirebrook a run for its money on drunken chavs
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:32 pm

focus wrote:please may i just take this opportunity to take this topic in to a new direction

warsop christmas market is on the first thursday in december starting at about 4pm. is there any reasion why it can not be moved to the first saturday in december starting about midday on the same lines of our carnivel?

The reason I've always organised it on a Thursday is because that's market day and it's really about late night opening for local businesses to promote themselves and it's also to mark the switching on of our lights. I didn't organise it this year because I didn't have the time but it's down to the volunteer who organises it to sort out what day and time suits them best. It's totally different to the carnival though.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby twiggy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:34 pm

as long as the children hasd fun. thats all that matters.
but i was shocked to see no shops open!!
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Postby twiggy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:12 pm

spoke to shirbrook counci today, who in return spoke to the entertainers there that day, and the 'elf' claims it was 'cough medicine', in his flask!!!
hummm not sure if im convinced, so cough medicine smells like whisky these days a lol.
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter