Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Fireman Sam

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Fireman Sam

Postby Westmorland » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Has Warsop Fire Station now become a Fire Training Centre for new recruits?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Fireman Sam

Postby focus » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:30 am

when i was down at the hearh center on thursday. there was two fire engnes outside . it looked like to me as they was swaping ladders. all so there was another fire engne inside the fire station. :?
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 pm

There were training fireman when i went by, two men in white hats, they were going up the hose tower and rescuing people etc
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:09 pm

when i wemt by there was white hellmets (Station mangers) and yellow hellmets(station crew)
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 pm

I haven't heard that they're using it as a training centre, but if they are it can only be a good thing. It could be that you've seen them on a drill session which they have two or three times a week.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Gazzer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Warsop is currently being used as a base to facilitate the training of the county's new Retained Firefighters, and are being trained by the staff from the Service Development Centre.

There are a number of courses that have been plotted this month at the Service Development, which is why this course has has been relocated.

Services are not affected.
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader
Support & Development Team Leader

Postby focus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:08 am

Caz wrote:I haven't heard that they're using it as a training centre, but if they are it can only be a good thing. It could be that you've seen them on a drill session which they have two or three times a week.
if you go anywhere near mansfield fire station . they are allway seam to be doing something around the back up there.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:12 pm

focus wrote:
Caz wrote:I haven't heard that they're using it as a training centre, but if they are it can only be a good thing. It could be that you've seen them on a drill session which they have two or three times a week.
if you go anywhere near mansfield fire station . they are allway seam to be doing something around the back up there.

The difference is that Mansfield has a full time staffed station, whereas Warsop is a retained station. However, Gazzer has explained why you've seen the training sessions at Warsop and as I said earlier, that can only be a good thing for Warsop's Fire Station. At least it's being utilised by the Fire Authority, which shows it's a valued asset to them.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:18 am

Caz wrote:
focus wrote:

The difference is that Mansfield has a full time staffed station, whereas Warsop is a retained station. However, Gazzer has explained why you've seen the training sessions at Warsop and as I said earlier, that can only be a good thing for Warsop's Fire Station. At least it's being utilised by the Fire Authority, which shows it's a valued asset to them.
yes caz i think gazzer is right i can remember hearing something about this lest year.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:35 pm

focus wrote:
Caz wrote:
yes caz i think gazzer is right i can remember hearing something about this lest year.

I can guarantee Gazzer is right Focus! He has inside information!! ;)
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Chatter