Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Christmas Tree or lack of it

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Christmas Tree or lack of it

Postby focus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:57 am

tomas i would like you to look again at my posts on focus is back as well as my intereasts listed on the warsop web foram about do voltutery work for the paish councal for the narmal persom it is all most inposable to help theses days. so far no reply from the fallowing .
big warsop
volunteer worker wanted for the pasish council
volunteers wanted to help with nerighbourhood watch
i know my stroke last year as only left me unabul to use my right hand and walk with a stick becouse i am a little unstabul on my feet. everything else is normal as far as i know. if the person who though up warsop newses peoples courner that lead to the warsop web commumity foram can not help the people of the warsop area theses days who can :cry:
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 am

Caz, I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you about volunteering , as I know what you have done for the good of Warsop in the past, and to be honest, I don't think there would be many people who have done as much as you have voluntarily done for Warsop.
I was simply saying that if the whingers volunteered to do the jobs in question, then they would be guaranteed to be done to their satisfaction, and therefore no one could complain.
I think that the people who do the voluntary work do the best they can, and I have no complaints about that.
To Adrian, I am not "preaching" as you put it, simply telling the truth.
I have no intentions of undermining the people who voluntarily do these jobs, as I think they are doing OK.
But if YOU were to volunteer to take on the role of "Christmas Tree Organiser", instead of critisising everything, I am sure we would would have a tree on the Town Hall balcony to rival any in Britain, including the one in Trafalgar Square!!
Go on, take up the challenge for next Christmas.
Afterall, organising the tree would only take up half of the time you spend on your computer critising thingsthat people have given up their free time for!!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby mr50p » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:53 am

O hum get off your bum :o
That's what my dad said to me it still holds true today if you don't get up and do it then it may not get done. ;)
So get out there and do it :twisted:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:04 pm

You fail to realise Wizard I have already organised the 2007 Warsop Carnival against the back biting of people like yourself on this forum, so DO NOT preach to me about volunteering
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:You fail to realise Wizard I have already organised the 2007 Warsop Carnival against the back biting of people like yourself on this forum, so DO NOT preach to me about volunteering

Please, Oh Wise One, point out to me where I have been back biting in this topic, as I can't seem to recall doing it!!
I am praising the people who do things for Warsop. I am not whinging about the tree on the Town Hall balcony being a twig. That was your quote, not mine!!
Well done for organising the 2007 Carnival, but why do you criticise what people are doing for Warsop?
I am not preaching at all.
Merely TRYING to point out that if you think you can make a better job of organising the Christmas Trees in Warsop, then why don't you volunteer to do it?
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Wizard, no I didn't think you were getting at me at all. I knew exactly what you were saying and I agree with you. Maybe I could have worded my post better to make it clear I was backing your post.

Adrian, I know you were involved with the 2007 carnival, I was too and I know how much work you put in. However, just because we volunteer doesn't mean we should expect others to do so. Nobody made us do it, it was our own choice. Those of us who have volunteered should appreciate the work that others do, even if it's not to our own exacting standards.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter